The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level History Democracy and Dictatorships 1919-1963

Is anyone else doing the Democracy and Dictatorships Germany 1919-1963 paper tomorrow afternoon? Any ideas what might be on?

Scroll to see replies

dont know
Reply 2
Not sure tbh, you got any ideas?
How did people find it?
Reply 4
Original post by Smoothcrimin0l
How did people find it?

Bad
Which question did you do?
Original post by Pannj
Bad
Reply 6
Which question did you do?

1 wbu
felt sorry for u guys. hate gcse history but a level history requires skill
Q2. Could not have done that allied bombing q, although the GDR wasn't much better
Original post by Pannj
1 wbu
Reply 9
So bad, we haven't even learnt about the GDR domestic policies in class so I was rambling about denazification/democratisation and the Berlin Blockade for the whole essay :frown:
Reply 10
Q2. Could not have done that allied bombing q, although the GDR wasn't much better

They were both really hard, second 10 marker definitely easiest.

Just want someone else’s view, for the first 20 marker on the Allied bombing negatively affected German citizens or something like that, I agreed that it was the main reason and the other two reasons I offered was the machinery of terror (limited freedom for some citizens) and Nazi racial policies and policies towards women (again limited freedom and Jews targeted as well as homosexuals and killed)
I did Q1 too, I did: bombing, holocaust, war economy/effort and rule by fear/SS rape
Original post by Pannj
They were both really hard, second 10 marker definitely easiest.

Just want someone else’s view, for the first 20 marker on the Allied bombing negatively affected German citizens or something like that, I agreed that it was the main reason and the other two reasons I offered was the machinery of terror (limited freedom for some citizens) and Nazi racial policies and policies towards women (again limited freedom and Jews targeted as well as homosexuals and killed)
Reply 12
Original post by Matt7235
I did Q1 too, I did: bombing, holocaust, war economy/effort and rule by fear/SS rape

Fair enough so we kind of done a bit similar as we spoke about the fear of the SS as well as I did Gestapo, Courts and concentration camps just the whole terror apparatus. I could use key dates but I guess it did affect people as they lived in fear and if they were to speak out against the regime then they faced problems
Yeah, I completely forgot to split into social, economic, and political, and ended up just focusing on the economy and collectivisation, land reform, industrialisation, etc.
Original post by osjdhws
So bad, we haven't even learnt about the GDR domestic policies in class so I was rambling about denazification/democratisation and the Berlin Blockade for the whole essay :frown:
Reply 14

Did you agree that bombing was the main reason?
Yeah, I talked about the Gestapo and Hitler youth spying on parents for fear and pretty much the same for holocaust
Original post by Pannj
Fair enough so we kind of done a bit similar as we spoke about the fear of the SS as well as I did Gestapo, Courts and concentration camps just the whole terror apparatus. I could use key dates but I guess it did affect people as they lived in fear and if they were to speak out against the regime then they faced problems
Reply 16
Yeah, I talked about the Gestapo and Hitler youth spying on parents for fear and pretty much the same for holocaust

Hopefully it’s all good then, for the 10 marker which did you say was the greatest?
No I didn't, because it's affect wasn't on whole pop bc it was mainly cities, I said fear/war effort was more important as it affected everyone
Original post by Pannj
Did you agree that bombing was the main reason?
I said economy, bc foreign failed in reunification (and I couldn't think of a economy failure xD)
Original post by Pannj
Hopefully it’s all good then, for the 10 marker which did you say was the greatest?
Reply 19
No I didn't, because it's affect wasn't on whole pop bc it was mainly cities, I said fear/war effort was more important as it affected everyone

Fair enough, I argued the opposite and stated that the machinery of terror affected those that were against the Nazi’s mainly as well as racial policies which didn’t affect supporters of the party. I guess it doesn’t matter as long as we argued why we thought what we wrote

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending