The Student Room Group

Gcse geography paper 3 resources

AQA——-Guys pleaseeee post any resources for geog paper 3 that might help, lets help one another out. Any help is appreciated!

Scroll to see replies

Bump!
for both sections?
Yepp
Original post by Hazzabear
for both sections?

Yess
I assume you've been given a pre-release? if so what is it about?
Original post by gymdandy211
Yepp

Yess

Tropical rainforests
In the exam, you're given another blank copy of the pre-release booklet that you had, are you allowed to annotate on it, from what you remember about it in lesson?
For the fieldwork, it's best to go through all of your data/work, and then look at past questions. For example: "explain one advantage of the location used for your human fieldwork enquiry" (2marks) or a 9 marker such as: "Assess the effectiveness of the methods used in your human geography investigation/enquiry/fieldwork". Main tip: make sure you remember your enquiry questions and/or hypothesis!
Of course, the examiners will not see your pre-release
Original post by The Stdudent
In the exam, you're given another blank copy of the pre-release booklet that you had, are you allowed to annotate on it, from what you remember about it in lesson?
Ok, thanks for clearing that up, it's just that I thought some retarded invigilators may think you're doing something which is exam malpractice and disqualify you.
Of course, the examiners will not see your pre-release
Firstly, make sure you understand the key terms given in the text. For example "hectare" you'll need to know what that is, so you can add it into your essay/exam answer. You don't need to memorize the pre-release, just have an understanding of what it's about and what they could ask you to write upon. I don't have any resources for this section I'm afraid, but happy to give tips :smile:
Original post by gymdandy211
Tropical rainforests
For those who don't know, 1 Hectare = 2.47 acres of land.
Firstly, make sure you understand the key terms given in the text. For example "hectare" you'll need to know what that is, so you can add it into your essay/exam answer. You don't need to memorize the pre-release, just have an understanding of what it's about and what they could ask you to write upon. I don't have any resources for this section I'm afraid, but happy to give tips :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Not at all, they cannot disqualify for annotations; unless it was to help someone sitting next to you etc. Good luck with your exam :smile:
Ok, thanks for clearing that up, it's just that I thought some retarded invigilators may think you're doing something which is exam malpractice and disqualify you.
Thanks for all the help, you too.
Not at all, they cannot disqualify for annotations; unless it was to help someone sitting next to you etc. Good luck with your exam :smile:
Reply 14
Is anyone doing ocr geography as I need help on Paper 3 because I don't know what to revise

thanks
I would advise you to create your own discussion about this topic because this one is only focussing on the AQA Geography Specification.
I have taken out the time to find what I believe to be your specification, for OCR:
https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/82576-specification.pdf
Attached is also a specimen paper for your specification (for paper 3):
https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/past-papers/gcse-geography/ocr-a-paper-3/
Hope this helps.
Original post by effffff
Is anyone doing ocr geography as I need help on Paper 3 because I don't know what to revise

thanks
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 16
thanks
I would advise you to create your own discussion about this topic because this one is only focussing on the AQA Geography Specification.
I have taken out the time to find what I believe to be your specification, for OCR:
https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/82576-specification.pdf
Attached is also a specimen paper for your specification (for paper 3):
https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/past-papers/gcse-geography/ocr-a-paper-3/
Hope this helps.
Moved to GCSEs

Good luck Geo peeps, you'll smash it! :h:
No problem.
Original post by effffff
thanks
i did not go on the geography trip could anyone tell me what i need to know for the fieldwork section thx

Quick Reply

Latest