Failed A Level maths and worried about university admittance Watch

candypop123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I think I’ve genuinely failed my maths a level. I’ve been accepted into a university in America where they require a minimum of C grades. What do I do? Please help I’m so worried
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by candypop123)
I think I’ve genuinely failed my maths a level. I’ve been accepted into a university in America where they require a minimum of C grades. What do I do? Please help I’m so worried
If you have genuinely failed and do not meet their entry requirements then you either take time out, resit and try again later or come up with a new plan for what you want to study and where with the qualifications you achieve.
Mandy7367
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by candypop123)
Try not to worry too soon - you never know what might happen on results day.

If you are really worried maybe contact someone from the admissions in your chosen university.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username4241818
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you happen to do Edexcel for A-Level Maths?
candypop123
Rep:
?
I do, why? x
(Original post by AnxiousStudent_1)
Do you happen to do Edexcel for A-Level Maths?
username4241818
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Then I completely get your worry, I was completely dejected after doing paper 1, I do Edexcel too and I am worried about my grade too. No one knows what the grade boundaries will be like for Maths,but it would be more than reasonable for you to assume that they will be quite low. You will just have to wait, you may have done relatively well given the difficulty of the papers and Edexcel being the incompetent fools they are and giving us dodgy dodgy papers.
Just do as good as you can in paper 3 and hope for the best.
candypop123
Rep:
?
Thank you so much, means a lot ❤️ Good luck for paper 3!!
(Original post by AnxiousStudent_1)
Then I completely get your worry, I was completely dejected after doing paper 1, I do Edexcel too and I am worried about my grade too. No one knows what the grade boundaries will be like for Maths,but it would be more than reasonable for you to assume that they will be quite low. You will just have to wait, you may have done relatively well given the difficulty of the papers and Edexcel being the incompetent fools they are and giving us dodgy dodgy papers.
Just do as good as you can in paper 3 and hope for the best.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (161)
17.5%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (81)
8.8%
No I am happy with my course choice (547)
59.46%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (131)
14.24%

Watched Threads