The Student Room Group

Sexist?

Guys i have done some research, and from TSR i can understand that whenever a girl post a question about a relationship, it gets more than 100 comments, with both boys and girls commenting, But when a boy does it it barely reaches 50 comments max. This clearly means that people dont take boys perspective serious. What do you guys think

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Edit: i want people to take this seriously as i believe this is a key issue
That’s because the boys on here are thirsty.
Show us screenshots
Reply 4
well if i had a relationship problem and posted it on here, no one would take it seriously. Can u tell me why? Not every boy is thirsty
Original post by Andrew97
That’s because the boys on here are thirsty.
Reply 5
i mean u can look for urself, on the relationships posts
Original post by RazzzBerries
Show us screenshots
I’ve seen equally girls posts on relationships get less than ten replies and guys posts on relationships get more than 100 sooo
Reply 7
yes i understand, but my question is morely more focused, on why there are both girls and boys posting within a thread of a girl. Yet whenever a boy posts a thread on something serious people take it as a joke
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve seen equally girls posts on relationships get less than ten replies and guys posts on relationships get more than 100 sooo

^ This

Also, it could be varied severity of a problem. :dontknow:
Original post by Hugh.Jazz
yes i understand, but my question is morely more focused, on why there are both girls and boys posting within a thread of a girl. Yet whenever a boy posts a thread on something serious people take it as a joke

I've rarely seen that happen though.
Reply 10
okay but what i want to mention is i saw a girls post stuff like what do i do after giving a blowXXX' and they get like 300 comments, like why?
^ This

Also, it could be varied severity of a problem. :dontknow:

We must’ve looked at very different threads because following what I previously said, I’ve seen many people on girls posts take the mic and joke about and people on guys posts take it seriously and take thought about what they are saying. It might just be a coincidence tho idk
okay but what i want to mention is i saw a girls post stuff like what do i do after giving a blowXXX' and they get like 300 comments, like why?

Creepy weirdos that get attracted to a title.

When people see threads popping up on trending, the title makes all the difference. E.g 'Exams' would get less attention that 'OMG I'M FAILING ALL MY EXAMS'. 90% of the time, there are genuine people there to help, but the 10% is the collection of weirdos, creeps and trolls that go off on a tangent, somewhat derailing threads and having long conversations etc.
Reply 13
if thats ur opinion im fine. But i find its not just on TSR i find its every where, whenever a cute girl post something on instagram or twitter, literally everybody runs just to say something. But when a boy posts something, maybe his mates thats probably it.
We must’ve looked at very different threads because following what I previously said, I’ve seen many people on girls posts take the mic and joke about and people on guys posts take it seriously and take thought about what they are saying. It might just be a coincidence tho idk

Test it, make similarly themed stories and post them on relationships. On one say you’re a girl, the other that you’re a boy. Repeat it a couple of times like with the same themed stories for each gender and see what actually happens. Likelihood is you’ll see about the same response, but it would be interesting.
Guys i have done some research, and from TSR i can understand that whenever a girl post a question about a relationship, it gets more than 100 comments, with both boys and girls commenting, But when a boy does it it barely reaches 50 comments max. This clearly means that people dont take boys perspective serious. What do you guys think

do you like jazz?
Reply 16
i know that a lot of threads that talk about this creepy weird stuff, are usually trolls. I mean why would anyone ask this stuff on here. But my question is if u are clever or have common sense then u wouldnt comment on these weird threads, but yet so many people do, why?
Creepy weirdos that get attracted to a title.

When people see threads popping up on trending, the title makes all the difference. E.g 'Exams' would get less attention that 'OMG I'M FAILING ALL MY EXAMS'. 90% of the time, there are genuine people there to help, but the 10% is the collection of weirdos, creeps and trolls that go off on a tangent, somewhat derailing threads and having long conversations etc.
if thats ur opinion im fine. But i find its not just on TSR i find its every where, whenever a cute girl post something on instagram or twitter, literally everybody runs just to say something. But when a boy posts something, maybe his mates thats probably it.

Sis I’m a female and literally only about 50% of the girls I know get people who aren’t their mates commenting on their posts. Might just be the people you’re hanging round with fr
Reply 18
Test it, make similarly themed stories and post them on relationships. On one say you’re a girl, the other that you’re a boy. Repeat it a couple of times like with the same themed stories for each gender and see what actually happens. Likelihood is you’ll see about the same response, but it would be interesting.

lol thats a good science experiment, but i dont have that much time in my life
Reply 19
unnessesary?
Original post by no-reply69
do you like jazz?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending