(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you think boundaries are going down vote in the poll
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
oh yeah I just realised:biggrin:. in that case comment down
Not*, imagineee if maths papersss were this uncomplicateddd
its literally impossible to predict the grade boundaries, even using the last years specification, considering last year it was simply a further maths cohort.
Reply 5
You kind of can. You simply compare the difficulty of this paper with last years paper. If you found this years easier, you could assume that boundaries will be going up.
Original post by RickHendricks
its literally impossible to predict the grade boundaries, even using the last years specification, considering last year it was simply a further maths cohort.
i reckon they’ll go down a lot because of how hard they were
Reply 7
spray and pray...
Original post by libbypickers
i reckon they’ll go down a lot because of how hard they were
Original post by Shozab_N15
You kind of can. You simply compare the difficulty of this paper with last years paper. If you found this years easier, you could assume that boundaries will be going up.

Not really considering grade boundaries are based on the % of students getting A*/A
Last year it was considerably a large % of A* (30%) and A (60%, cumulative) so using that is totally wrong since this year it'll return back to the usual 15% so just because it was low last year doesn't guarantee the same/similar/lower, etc grade boundaries simply due the nature of how the gb's are set, like there's no formula/correlation you can use to decide that. The paper's difficulty wont help either.

Best thing to do, wait till the 15th.
Reply 9
wait a second, boundaries are released on 15th august!?
Not really considering grade boundaries are based on the % of students getting A*/A
Last year it was considerably a large % of A* (30%) and A (60%, cumulative) so using that is totally wrong since this year it'll return back to the usual 15% so just because it was low last year doesn't guarantee the same/similar/lower, etc grade boundaries simply due the nature of how the gb's are set, like there's no formula/correlation you can use to decide that. The paper's difficulty wont help either.

Best thing to do, wait till the 15th.
wait a second, boundaries are released on 15th august!?

Should be yes unless i'm wrong now :thinking:
oh, ok, that makes my life easier :redface:.
Should be yes unless i'm wrong now :thinking:
Reply 12
If only there were a way to add polls to threads on TSR :moon:
I’m literally praying for them to go down I’m terrible at maths and I need 5 I’ve gotten 74 marks altogether I think.
If you think boundaries are going down rep this post

**** this is gcse nvm
Grade boundary for an A for 2009 when the course was still new was about 65% (new courses usually result in the lowest grade boundaries in the first examination year). Considering the course was split into core 3/4 for year 2, it makes revision of content easier + more spread out. In an exam where you have to revise 2 years of work for each exam will naturally make it more difficult. So I predict mid 60s for an A and 75-80% for A*. When considering OCR, this year's papers are harder than last year's pretty convincingly, so I definitely dont expect boundaries to be higher. So far for OCR I have to refer to 80% for an A* and 66% for an A, but like I said, I expect these to shift down and my school tends to agree.
oh lol, I was thinking you actually made a good point:biggrin:
**** this is gcse nvm
Never mind lol, wrong qualification.
lol:dancing:
Original post by smhedfkuwj
Never mind lol, wrong qualification.
I hope they go down :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest