The Student Room Group

2019 AQA Old Spec Alevel Maths C3 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Hi, I’ve literally just came out the exam

Anyone want to post there answers here?

Scroll to see replies

Q1 it was like something -1.8 and another +be number so α is between 1.4 and 1.6

Q2 or Q 3 I can’t remember but for solving fg(x) I got -7 and 7 but reject -7 since x>2.25

For the last integration Q8 I got 1/2tan(arcsin2x)+c
I got pi( -1/e + 4) for solid of revolutions
Was the transformations lnx to ln(3x add 4 or minus 4???
Translation -4/3
The only single one question I got right (I completely missed half of the paper)
Original post by Raeeskhan01
Translation -4/3
Reply 6
boi i thought it was stretch(or shrink) idk by 1/3 then translate by [-4,0]
:frown:
Original post by Raeeskhan01
Translation -4/3
lowering the grade boundaries for y'all
Original post by khadijahammad33
The only single one question I got right (I completely missed half of the paper)
Reply 8
i got something like pi(2-e^-1) , i worked it out quickly and it seemed too simple which makes me think im wrong
Original post by Examer
I got pi( -1/e + 4) for solid of revolutions
(edited 4 years ago)
For the volume of revolution question. When u enter πX integration of (e^0.5x+3x)^2 into the graphical calculator u get 18.21186542, that’s the non exact form of the answer, and the exact form answer is π(28-36e^-0.5-e^-1) which is also 18.21186542
For the geometric transformation is lnx into ln3x+4, so it’s stretch parallel to x scale factor 1/3 and then a translation vector (-4/3,0)
Yeah, I got that
Original post by Enter_Haruka
For the volume of revolution question. When u enter πX integration of (e^0.5x+3x)^2 into the graphical calculator u get 18.21186542, that’s the non exact form of the answer, and the exact form answer is π(28-36e^-0.5-e^-1) which is also 18.21186542
Did anyone get a negative answer for the mid-ordinate rule question??
Reply 13
Yep -2. something.
Original post by IbrahimRafai
Did anyone get a negative answer for the mid-ordinate rule question??
I got -2.26 I think
Original post by Xena150
Yep -2. something.
I need a full unofficial mark scheme to reassure myself 😂 because I got some weirdddd answers to some questions
I don’t remember the questions 😂 i would want to make one but I don’t even know if I done them right but I got 30 mins to spare when I finished the paper and checked over all of them, so I’m pretty sure they all correct but, this paper just goes too quickly I have a bad feeling about the grade boundaries
I need a full unofficial mark scheme to reassure myself 😂 because I got some weirdddd answers to some questions
I’ll try thinking of some of my answers, maybe they’ll ring a bell:
1. x2=0.5 something and x3=0.47 something. Cobweb diagram
2. x=7 for f^-1(x) = 29
x=-7 not a solution as range of f(x) was f(x) >/= 0, therefore domain of f^-1(x) is x>/= 0
3. x = 2 3/10(ln10) for where the normal crosses the x axis
4. Integration value = 1/4(ln9)
-2.6 something for the mid ordinate rule (don’t know if you had to make it positive as it’s an area but oh well)
5. Stationary points:
(1,1) = minimum
(4,1/4) = maximum
6. Got 4 answers for the trig question: 25.9, 74.1, 106.8, 173.2
7. Volumes of revolution = pi(28 - 36e^-0.5 - e^-1)
8. I was baffed on part c) but the other two parts were okay proof questions.
Original post by Enter_Haruka
I don’t remember the questions 😂 i would want to make one but I don’t even know if I done them right but I got 30 mins to spare when I finished the paper and checked over all of them, so I’m pretty sure they all correct but, this paper just goes too quickly I have a bad feeling about the grade boundaries
(edited 4 years ago)
For the Q8 part c) I got 1/2tan(inverse sin2x) +c
I think when u use the substitution and u just work with the integral and u cancel out some of the bits, and then u ended up with just integrating 1/2sec^2u, which is 1/2tanu +c, and then rearrange the u to get x which is something like x=1/2sinu to get u=arcsin2x, and just substitute it in. I think I’ve done it correctly :smile:
2. x=7 for fg(x) = 29
3. x = 2 + 3/10 (ln10) for where the normal crosses the x axis
4. -2.6 something for the mid ordinate rule (don’t know if you had to make it positive as it’s an area but oh well)
5. Stationary points:
(1,1) = minimum
(4,1/4) = maximum
And also ur majority of the answer look exactly same as mine so we might have done alright on that paper 😂
2. x=7 for fg(x) = 29
3. x = 2 + 3/10 (ln10) for where the normal crosses the x axis
4. -2.6 something for the mid ordinate rule (don’t know if you had to make it positive as it’s an area but oh well)
5. Stationary points:
(1,1) = minimum
(4,1/4) = maximum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending