The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Maths Boundaries

What do you think they’ll be for each grade?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
#bump x
Screenshot 2019-06-09 at 13.22.58.png
Original post by Dayo03

They seem too low 100 seems right for a 6 129 for a 7
Original post by Hasan167
They seem too low 100 seems right for a 6 129 for a 7

idk, I didn't make them - a teacher did
Original post by Dayo03

So you don’t have any opinion on them, did you sit the test?
Original post by Dayo03

Also do you know whether or not they predicted them previously ? And how close they were as it’s sort of nerve racking waiting 2 months to find out my results lol
So you don’t have any opinion on them, did you sit the test?

yes, I did sit the test. I think I got about 183, but I don't want to predict the grade boundaries to avoid disappointment but I saw this and thought it might be useful for OP
Also do you know whether or not they predicted them previously ? And how close they were as it’s sort of nerve racking waiting 2 months to find out my results lol

its true, I'm so scared but I found writing down what I think I got for each subject really calming because it helped me realise - I didn't do that bad.

Paper 2 chemistry today - too good to be true. There was only 1 question I didn't know (3 marks) and a few silly errors which would total up to no more than 13 marks so that's about 87. Paper 1 was not as good - I think I got about 65, but I'll see on the 22nd of August
Reply 9
Original post by Dayo03

oh **** really, lower than last year??? i hope so but so many people have said they found the papers quite easy???????
Will 45 be enough for a grade 4?
Do you think 73 will be enough for a 5 this year?
Original post by 1400dmb
oh **** really, lower than last year??? i hope so but so many people have said they found the papers quite easy???????

People on TSR love to boast about how easy they found it when we all know they were harder this year - yeh don't worry they'll go down
Original post by 78607860
Do you think 73 will be enough for a 5 this year?

last year to get a five you would need 79 marks overall (on higher)
Reply 14
i got around 104 to 106 marks. What grade would i get?
Reply 15
Original post by Dayo03
People on TSR love to boast about how easy they found it when we all know they were harder this year - yeh don't worry they'll go down

they betterrrrrr; my targets a 7 but i reckon i'll get a 6 unless i get a load of method marks and the grade boundaries go down low hahah
Original post by 1400dmb

Have you seen people speak about the papers? They were a lot harder than last year I predict 102 for a 6
Reply 17
Have you seen people speak about the papers? They were a lot harder than last year I predict 102 for a 6

that's what i'm saying, i thought they were difficult lol but quite a lot of people seem v confident with it (even though a lot found it hard)
Especially that horrendous paper 3
I hope those are the grade boundaries...do you think I will be safe with 135 for a grade 7?

Quick Reply

Latest