The Student Room Group

Salters nuffield biology

are there any tips that I can get for my biology next year in year 13. I had did the AS level this year and I think I will fail, if I do do you think its impossible for me to recover. Also are there any notes I can have to help me please.
No it’s 100% possible to recover! Please don’t doubt yourself!! It took me HARD HARD work to get to the point where I was achieving grades in my biology A level but it only happened in year 13! Honestly I went from Us to As/Bs with a bit of hard work!
I do Salters Nuffield and this is how I get As/A*s: I basically note the entire CGP SNAB Biology revision guide. I then do past paper after past paper and learn the mark schemes as you have to know how to accurately express yourself in your answers. Don't doubt yourself!!
Reply 3
Original post by Xjabnrlv_saadx
No it’s 100% possible to recover! Please don’t doubt yourself!! It took me HARD HARD work to get to the point where I was achieving grades in my biology A level but it only happened in year 13! Honestly I went from Us to As/Bs with a bit of hard work!

thank you man, im feeling more confident now
how long and how often did you revise, and did you revise alot during summer
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by juicyapples
I do Salters Nuffield and this is how I get As/A*s: I basically note the entire CGP SNAB Biology revision guide. I then do past paper after past paper and learn the mark schemes as you have to know how to accurately express yourself in your answers. Don't doubt yourself!!

thank you, I will try this
how often and how long do you revise and did you do the exams in one sitting
Original post by d3vkfc
thank you man, im feeling more confident now
how long and how often did you revise, and did you revise alot during summer

Yeah I did a bit over summer but also have a break coz it’s your summer and year 13 is HARD work I’m ngl to you. I know aqa a level biology got so much harder in year 13 😅 but just have a bit of structure and do an hour a day til Christmas, then rank up the intensity closer to exams
I'm currently sitting the exams. I have my second paper tomorrow, but the first one went well. I'd say I revise for at least an hour every day for biology, whether that be making notes or completing homework. Make notes as you go along though as you don't want to be in the position hurriedly making them!
Original post by d3vkfc
thank you, I will try this
how often and how long do you revise and did you do the exams in one sitting
Reply 7
Original post by juicyapples
I'm currently sitting the exams. I have my second paper tomorrow, but the first one went well. I'd say I revise for at least an hour every day for biology, whether that be making notes or completing homework. Make notes as you go along though as you don't want to be in the position hurriedly making them!

good luck for your exams, but I meant as in practice papers, how do you structure your revision with them. Would you sit the paper one day and then mark on the same day, would you mark it one question at a time, how did they help you?
Reply 8
Yeah I did a bit over summer but also have a break coz it’s your summer and year 13 is HARD work I’m ngl to you. I know aqa a level biology got so much harder in year 13 😅 but just have a bit of structure and do an hour a day til Christmas, then rank up the intensity closer to exams

thank yo, I will try an hour a day but i procrastinate a lot, any anti-procrastinate tips
Original post by d3vkfc
thank yo, I will try an hour a day but i procrastinate a lot, any anti-procrastinate tips

Put your fave playlist on, and if you can’t manage an hour try 3 20 minute chunks of revision with 15 minute breaks in between!
Reply 10
Put your fave playlist on, and if you can’t manage an hour try 3 20 minute chunks of revision with 15 minute breaks in between!

yeh ,that sounds much better

Quick Reply

Latest