The Student Room Group

Gcses 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
they can gtfo wit "Mittelmeer" honestly. How tf am i supposed to translate that???
Original post by army of 1
yeppp so unfair
here i was feeling confident in german and not revising enough and then aqa give us that paper
I do edexcel and already had astronomy, tbh it was not hard and I'm bad at physics and did perfectly. For maths i got 200 marks without working out marks, just revise and u'll be confident :smile:))
could you give me some of your confidence please lol physics paper 2 (except space) is like learning another language to me
it's Mediterranean apparently because its a sEA iN tHe MiDdLe oF tHe woRLd or something stupid like that

Original post by Aribe
they can gtfo wit "Mittelmeer" honestly. How tf am i supposed to translate that???
astronomy as in the gcse? wow that sounds fun space is the only thing thats interesting in physics to me
i do aqa higher so who knows what random subject aqa are gonna throw in on friday
Original post by smith.214
I do edexcel and already had astronomy, tbh it was not hard and I'm bad at physics and did perfectly. For maths i got 200 marks without working out marks, just revise and u'll be confident :smile:))
Reply 44
could i still get a 6 with 111 marks...this years papers were very very hard
No, we have a topic called astronomy, i do edexcel triple, just make sure u revise all the content and think of the basics in a random context.
astronomy as in the gcse? wow that sounds fun space is the only thing thats interesting in physics to me
i do aqa higher so who knows what random subject aqa are gonna throw in on friday
RIP anybody that doesn't finish with physics on Friday. wishing everyone the best of luck :smile:
its gonna be so disheartening when us separate science students are sat in there watching all of the combined walk out 30 mins earlier than us
I flopped english lit tho :smile:)
Original post by Aribe
Those grades are so good oml. send me some of that confidence bruh
what i think i got:

maths - 4/5
english - 4/5
art - 6/7
sociology - 6
IT - B/C
finance - C
sciences - 3 (if i'm lucky lmao, i did SO bad)
history - probably a 3, maybe a 4 if i'm lucky?
Reply 50
what i think i got/ what i want
English Lang - 6 / 7
English lit - 6 / 6
Maths - 6 (hopefully!) / 7
Science- 5-4 / 5-5
Media - 5 / 6
Business - not too sure as there’s no mark schemes or old boundaries but i reckon 6 or 7 and want a 7
Geog - 6 / 6 or 7 (depending on tomorrow!)
sports studies - L2D
Original post by redmac2
good grades for not revising! what exam board do you do for maths and english??

I do Edexcel and AQA . I think if I actually genuinely tried I would be a 7-8 student however I don’t really care as I know I’ll still, make good money as I’m from a wealthy hard working family
hmm well thats like half right? so at least a 5?? i don't know im not good at grade boundaries

More like a 6 lol
Original post by redmac2
could i still get a 6 with 111 marks...this years papers were very very hard

You got a six with 111 if you do Edexcel that is. The boundaries will be lowered an teachers have predicted so. Around 102-105
Reply 54
oh thank god. so you reckon i’ll defo get a 6? phew
Original post by Hasan167
You got a six with 111 if you do Edexcel that is. The boundaries will be lowered an teachers have predicted so. Around 102-105
Original post by redmac2
oh thank god. so you reckon i’ll defo get a 6? phew

Was 109 last year so your already above that and if there lowered ur in and upped a bit ur still in they won’t go up more than 2 marks, I hope I get in though
Reply 56
oh wow that’s made me feel much better. thank you
Original post by Hasan167
Was 109 last year so your already above that and if there lowered ur in and upped a bit ur still in they won’t go up more than 2 marks, I hope I get in though
I pray that half of the spec stuff for physics 2 don’t come up. 😓 Gonna hyper cram physics tomorrow ngl
That’s what I said 😂 I’m gonna have to watch them all be celebrating and then by the time I get out they’ll all be gone
Original post by KaelenMc
its gonna be so disheartening when us separate science students are sat in there watching all of the combined walk out 30 mins earlier than us
Here’s what I think I got/ am going to get because we haven’t done physics yet
English language 8/9
English lit 8/9
Maths 6/7
Biology 8
Chemistry 8
Physics 6/7
Food 7/8
Pe 8/9
History 8/9
Child development D2
Does anyone know how to cram physics because I flopped paper 1 and I don’t understand paper 2 at all and my college doesnt want less than 6’s

Quick Reply

Latest