The Student Room Group

S1 June 2019 iAL Edexcel discussion

How was it ? I found it to be a pretty bad paper. I didn’t know how to do the boxplot stuff and I had a silly mistake that messed up my p and q probabilities for the spinner. The questions that ask you to explain were really bad lmao I didn’t know how to answer them.
Reply 1
Personally, it was one of the harder S1 papers I've ever done. I couldn't finish the paper and ended up leaving about 4 marks worth of explanation questions. I asked around, and most of my friends weren't too positive about it either

(Original post by Meriam Mkadmi)
How was it ? I found it to be a pretty bad paper. I didn’t know how to do the boxplot stuff and I had a silly mistake that messed up my p and q probabilities for the spinner. The questions that ask you to explain were really bad lmao I didn’t know how to answer them.
Same here! I’m glad to know we’re on the same page. Literally almost everyone in my school left the exam hall feeling really **** about the exam, so we’ll see how it goes >.<
It’s the hardest S1 paper I’ve seen
Original post by Meriam Mkadmi
ngl it was so bad, mean it is rare for an s1 paper to have a 7 marker question, but TWO, TWO 7 MARKERS ARE U KIDDING ME, and they were really hard as well, umm quick question, what did you lot get for the value of p in the tree diagram question ???

Reply 5
If I remember correctly, my p value was 0.16 and the q value was 0.68. Most of my friends got this same answer too it seems
Original post by malek awwad
ngl it was so bad, mean it is rare for an s1 paper to have a 7 marker question, but TWO, TWO 7 MARKERS ARE U KIDDING ME, and they were really hard as well, umm quick question, what did you lot get for the value of p in the tree diagram question ???
Reply 6
Yes, I'm hoping the grade boundaries will do justice, seeing as papers easier than this also had somewhat low grade boundaries in some years.
Same here! I’m glad to know we’re on the same page. Literally almost everyone in my school left the exam hall feeling really **** about the exam, so we’ll see how it goes >.<
Did u guys circle the lowest point for the last question or the highest? Kinda forgot the exact wording for the question but I circled the lowest point because it makes sense to increase referral percentage by doing a publicity stunt. What do u guys think?
Original post by unknown.unknown
Did u guys circle the lowest point for the last question or the highest? Kinda forgot the exact wording for the question but I circled the lowest point because it makes sense to increase referral percentage by doing a publicity stunt. What do u guys think?

I circled the highest I think
Reply 9
How many questions were there in the paper?please give urgent reply
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by BRoyB
How many questions were there in the paper?please give urgent reply

there were 6 questions

Quick Reply

Latest