The Student Room Group

OCR gateway chemistry gcse (triple)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I basically said to redo the titration without the indicator after having recorded the titre with the indicator
Original post by Bignibba445
I swear the exam was a mix between a godsend and some of it not being on the spec

Also what did you say for the ammonium sulfate crystals questions, as to how she can make them pure
Reply 41
What did everyone say for the methane burning experiment question?
Reply 42
heat escapes from bunsen burner so place it in a closed system
Original post by person1143
What did everyone say for the methane burning experiment question?
I remember getting that for the last one as well
Original post by person1143
Similar to what I said- I just wasn’t sure when writing it, not sure why. Can you remember what you got for the last page of maths questions? I got 4.5 for the gas volume one and something like 0.3986 for the last
I said that she should have used her known concentration of acid to repeat the titration but without the indicator as the indicator was the element making the ammonium sulfate impure.
Original post by Bignibba445
I swear the exam was a mix between a godsend and some of it not being on the spec

Also what did you say for the ammonium sulfate crystals questions, as to how she can make them pure
Original post by izzym026
Can anyone remember what they put for the 6 marker, i put about particles
-if conc increases there are more particles
-makes more likely to have a successful collision
-the collision of particles is the reaction occuring
-it seems that the volume has no effect on the rate (use the numbers) blah blah

The mass of magnesium also didn't seem to matter as the reaction time was the same (experiment 3 and 5) despite different masses of magnesium (all other values were the same)
Also higher concentration meant higher frequency of collisions.
absolutely correct inference. hoping for a secure 9. grade boundary at 150 - thoughts?
Original post by arctic73
The mass of magnesium also didn't seem to matter as the reaction time was the same (experiment 3 and 5) despite different masses of magnesium (all other values were the same)
Also higher concentration meant higher frequency of collisions.
nah doesn't deal with the question.you had to switch tubes - most people got that wrong (including me). Hope you did well.
Original post by HamyHD1
heat escapes from bunsen burner so place it in a closed system
Reply 48
last question i got 0.3968??
is that correct
i got 2.24dm3 for the gas volume question which was 2 marks i think and i got 0.3968 for the concentration question in mol/dm3 and for the reactant in excess it was the one with the higher number of moles i think it was hydrochloric acid but i cant remember ye so thats basically the last 2 pages covered which was like 18 marks together
Original post by laurawatt
I think I got 2.2 for the gas volumes but the similar thing for the last question :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest