The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE geography paper 3 2019 complaint forum

I know I certainly wasn't the only one who wanted more time.

1 hour 15 is not long enough, I'm sure and I have seen that others agree.

This is an official thread, a thread dedicated to complaining, so feel free for a rant. Who knows, some of us might even email AQA.

If you disagree with this, then please don't post on here. This thread is only for people who are also annoyed about the short time given.

Let the complaints begin.
I agree but it’s done, I don’t care enough to fix it for the year 10’s.
Original post by Maximus 190

I agree, but maybe we could persuade AQA to give us some leniency when marking.
1 hr 30 should be given time
Original post by fish finger fan

But everyone has the same time, if everyone was given more leniency then everyone would have higher marks and then you would still have the same grade.
Original post by Owenwilson700
1 hr 30 should be given time

That would be an improvement.
Missed out two 4 markers and a 2 marker so have dropped 10 marks because I ran out of time
Original post by Claydo66
Missed out two 4 markers and a 2 marker so have dropped 10 marks because I ran out of time

My point exactly. They really need to give more time.
Luckily, i managed to complete the paper in time but i did rush a lot of my answers- i was writing up until they told us to stop so i do agree that it just wasn't enough time. 75 Minutes for 76 marks just doesn't make sense if AQA advise a minute a mark!
Original post by JOShhhhhhhh
Luckily, i managed to complete the paper in time but i did rush a lot of my answers- i was writing up until they told us to stop so i do agree that it just wasn't enough time. 75 Minutes for 76 marks just doesn't make sense if AQA advise a minute a mark!

Thank you, I didn't think of that. It goes against their mark a minute thing (which I also don't agree with).
Reply 10
Extra 5 mins would've been enough for me, had just started the last question (+ rushed 2nd to last question) and the exam ended :/
So maybe 1hr 20mins would have been nice...
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by fish finger fan

I WAS HALF WAY THROUGH ADDING TO MY ANSWER WHEN TIME WAS UP AND ITS FRUSTRATING AF! I mean I finished the paper, but I wanted time to check and add extra bits, you know?

How did it go for you? Good luck with physics tomorrow!
Original post by XHannahR
How did it go for you? Good luck with physics tomorrow!

Could’ve gone better at the end, but I think it went okay! Hopefully paper 1 balanced it all out for geography to what I want since I did really well in paper 1.

Thanks for the good luck, looking st this content I may need it since I can’t remember half of this stuff. Waves is sooo long. Good luck too tomorrow!
Could’ve gone better at the end, but I think it went okay! Hopefully paper 1 balanced it all out for geography to what I want since I did really well in paper 1.

Thanks for the good luck, looking st this content I may need it since I can’t remember half of this stuff. Waves is sooo long. Good luck too tomorrow!

Ahh lol I’m sat here with a text book waiting for it to go in😂 fingers crossed it goes well!!
Ye although I rush through the paper and try to do one mark per minute

Aqa also doesn’t provide enough space for writing 6and 9 marker so I have to get extra paper and filling out info waste a lot of time

So eventually I didn’t finish the last 9 marker
Well, this forum has made one thing quite clear......... lots of students ran out of time. This exam is unfair. I would see this as valid evidence that the timing was not long enough. I would classify this as sufficient evidence for my complaint to AQA, please join me in doing this. I believe you can e mail them. Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to post, and prove to AQA that we were not given enough time, it is not our fault, it is their fault. We did the best we could, and the exam board failed us. They had one job, give us a fair exam that can be completed to a good standered by students in the given time. If I was grading them, it would be a 1 or a U.
The exam was alright and you should have answered the questions quickly as the maths ones where easy where you had to draw a line to 60 and so ad the pie chart takes about 30 seconds maximum so idk it's unfair but my teacher predicted the questions and they actually came up which is good
The size of the OS map was crazy!. It wouldnt even fit on my table. Spent about 5 minutes trying to sort that sh*t out!:angry:
os map?

Quick Reply

Latest