The Student Room Group

AQA A-level French Paper 1 2019 Unofficial Markscheme

Here are my answers for all the multiple choice questions in the order in which they appeared:

EDIT: pls don't cheat in your mocks, current y13s 🥺

I can vaguely remember the resumes etc too if anyone wants to check those with me.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got C A C B for the first one and C E J K (i think) for the second one - it was the ‘visages de demain’ in Nice listening
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Pretty sure I got the same for the other two questions as well!
Original post by tolulah
I got C A C B for the first one and C E J K (i think) for the second one - it was the ‘visages de demain’ in Nice listening

Thanks, I remember now :smile: I thought the second listening might catch people out; it was H because she referred to "funds of the state" which was paraphrased as "government funds", and B because the project had just been launched (or announced, I don't remember) the previous night. In the first question "toujours" meant still, and Bruno was talking about what would happen when he got back from his trip (in the future).
Reply 4
Did you do the AQA paper? anyon do welsh board WJEC?
Original post by Quirky Object
Here are my answers for all the multiple choice questions in the order in which they appeared:

First exercise: B, A, C, B

Second exercise: B, E, H, K

True or false: V, V, ND, F, F, V, ND, V, F, V

Zola comprehension: H, E, D, G, A, F, B, K, M

I can vaguely remember the resumes etc too if anyone wants to check those with me.
Reply 5
can you remember what K was for the second exercise?
and is there any chance you remember what the words for the zola comprehension were?
thank youu

Reply 6
Original post by e.walsh
and is there any chance you remember what the words for the zola comprehension were?
thank youu

I think K was about immigrants/foreign people not always being welcome in the town

Also I swear that J was the state funds answer?? Idk maybe i’m wrong
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by e.walsh
thank youu

K was something about new arrivals not always being welcome in Nice in the current political climate (the word bienvenu was definitely in it).

I don't quite remember the words, sorry; if you remember yours I'll probably be able to remember whether I got the same ones?
Original post by tolulah
I think K was about immigrants/foreign people not always being welcome in the town

Oh no now I'm worried I put the wrong letter :lol: if you put state funds then that's correct, I don't remember what J was but I'm pretty sure I put H.
Original post by tolulah

Can confirm it's J according to a uni group chat I'm on...so I literally wrote the wrong letter lmao :')
I do
Original post by user1233
Did you do the AQA paper? anyon do welsh board WJEC?
Reply 11
ah yes! thank you
the mother died, she got married, no clue for the third one, and i cant remember the order but i put "rendu" compte for the last one, the voisin something, he gave his brother a hug- "prive" and idk, sorry for the mess lol
K was something about new arrivals not always being welcome in Nice in the current political climate (the word bienvenu was definitely in it).

I don't quite remember the words, sorry; if you remember yours I'll probably be able to remember whether I got the same ones?
Reply 12
I got C A C B too i’m not sure about the other one but I know got E for one of them
Original post by tolulah
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 13
What did everyone think of the french to english translation?
Reply 14
Alright overall but had to guess bits of it
Original post by issyo7
Original post by e.walsh
ah yes! thank you
the mother died, she got married, no clue for the third one, and i cant remember the order but i put "rendu" compte for the last one, the voisin something, he gave his brother a hug- "prive" and idk, sorry for the mess lol

First two are correct, the third I think was mentioning how Florent's father died and it was "emporte" (dw if you didn't get that one, it's very subtle; in French la mort can idiomatically be the subject of emporter), the voisin one was raconte and your other two are correct as well :smile:
Original post by qsio
I got C A C B too i’m not sure about the other one but I know got E for one of them

It's definitely B; toujours meant still and Bruno was the only one who indicated he was still abroad.
I put:
Paris: where the mother was born, she got married, heart attack prive? (can't remember), mum mis stuff on what's his name, voisin raconte, cache sa maladie, decide compte
Original post by e.walsh
ah yes! thank you
ugh didn't like the start but found the second half okay. I couldn't figure out the conjugation of those verbs lol
Original post by issyo7
Original post by moonswooning
I put:
Paris: where the mother was born, she got married, heart attack prive? (can't remember), mum mis stuff on what's his name, voisin raconte, cache sa maladie, decide compte

Same as what I put except rendu compte (from the expression se rendre compte) and heart attack was emporte. Prive was referring to the affection which the two brothers were deprived of whilst living apart.
Reply 19
I got B A C B for the first question, and then B E G K for question two

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending