The Student Room Group

Countersign for student finance

Hi, due to having no passport or provisional license I am having to send off my birth certificate and deed poll letter. My problem is I don’t know many people and most of them aren’t qualified, those that are haven’t known me for the min 2 years. Would my health visitor be able to do despite knowing me for a year, I did ring student finance ages ago about and I think she said to put a letter in explaining that I could only get as close to the qualifying boxes for countersign and hope for the best that they agree to it. Or could a construction worker countersign, he has known me for more than 2 years.
Original post by BeckiTyzack
Hi, due to having no passport or provisional license I am having to send off my birth certificate and deed poll letter. My problem is I don’t know many people and most of them aren’t qualified, those that are haven’t known me for the min 2 years. Would my health visitor be able to do despite knowing me for a year, I did ring student finance ages ago about and I think she said to put a letter in explaining that I could only get as close to the qualifying boxes for countersign and hope for the best that they agree to it. Or could a construction worker countersign, he has known me for more than 2 years.

Hi,

With the ADIF form we can only accept this if it's been counter signed by a professional person who's occupation matches those accepted on page 3 of the form here.

If you do not know anyone with an accepted occupation then we would recommend renewing/applying for a passport.

Regards, Aisha
Reply 2
Since make this post, I’ve rang up student finance and they’ve said I can use the construction worker as he has know me for 3 years and I’m to write a cover letter explaining that due to not knowing anyone on the list of professionals for 2 years that I have used this person who’s profession isn’t on the list due to him knowing me for 3 years
Since make this post, I’ve rang up student finance and they’ve said I can use the construction worker as he has know me for 3 years and I’m to write a cover letter explaining that due to not knowing anyone on the list of professionals for 2 years that I have used this person who’s profession isn’t on the list due to him knowing me for 3 years

Hello,

As Construction Worker isn't on the list of acceptable countersignatures we can't guarantee this will be accepted if you send us a covering letter.

Thanks, Erin N.
Reply 4
But they also won’t accept someone who’s in the list but has known me for less then 2 years even with a letter. So what am I supposed to do? I have no money for a provisional or passport due to having my own house, bills to pay and two kids to provide for. All I keep getting is yeah we’ll accept this and then further down the road we won’t accept that but we’ll accept this. I’m on benefits and the election role list but can’t even verify ID through them. What can I do then? I need student finance in order to pay for uni but yet I can’t get it because I don’t know anyone on the list for 2 year or more who will do the countersign
But they also won’t accept someone who’s in the list but has known me for less then 2 years even with a letter. So what am I supposed to do? I have no money for a provisional or passport due to having my own house, bills to pay and two kids to provide for. All I keep getting is yeah we’ll accept this and then further down the road we won’t accept that but we’ll accept this. I’m on benefits and the election role list but can’t even verify ID through them. What can I do then? I need student finance in order to pay for uni but yet I can’t get it because I don’t know anyone on the list for 2 year or more who will do the countersign

Hi there,

We will not be able to accept the form without an acceptable signature. Please review the list again to see if there is anyone who can sign the form for you.

If you cannot provide this, the only other way we could confirm your identity is with a valid UK passport.

Thanks, Ashley.
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Ashley
Hi there,

We will not be able to accept the form without an acceptable signature. Please review the list again to see if there is anyone who can sign the form for you.

If you cannot provide this, the only other way we could confirm your identity is with a valid UK passport.

Thanks, Ashley.

But when I rang up I was told I could use him and to provide a letter explaining. I have no one on the list who can do it as they are either family or plain blank refuse to do it as they either don’t do it anymore or haven’t known me long enough. I don’t have a passport nor do I have the money to get a passport because as I have stated what money I get, goes on my bills and providing my 2 year old and 9 month old with things they need. This is the whole reason they told me to use the construction worker as no one on the list can or won’t do it and I don’t have any other form of ID
But when I rang up I was told I could use him and to provide a letter explaining. I have no one on the list who can do it as they are either family or plain blank refuse to do it as they either don’t do it anymore or haven’t known me long enough. I don’t have a passport nor do I have the money to get a passport because as I have stated what money I get, goes on my bills and providing my 2 year old and 9 month old with things they need. This is the whole reason they told me to use the construction worker as no one on the list can or won’t do it and I don’t have any other form of ID

You have been told incorrect information, we will not accept the form with a cover letter explaining that you do not have anyone else to sign the form.

Are there no teachers, doctors or dentists that you can ask to sign the form for you?

Thanks, Ashley
Reply 8
Original post by SFE Ashley
You have been told incorrect information, we will not accept the form with a cover letter explaining that you do not have anyone else to sign the form.

Are there no teachers, doctors or dentists that you can ask to sign the form for you?

Thanks, Ashley

there's no one, I'm not registered at a dentist. I asked my doctors and they've said they won't sign any form not even for student finance, all my old teachers have left my old school and I can't find them on any social media accounts, and my health visitor isn't allowed to do it as she hasn't known me long enough. so like I said I have no one on the list as I don't know any other professionals that are on the list .
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
I've rang student finance again due to the conflicting information I've been told and because of my situation that I can send the form, the evidence and a letter stating that due to having no one to sign the form I am unable to provide the countersign form and that due to not speaking to family for the past 5 years that I have no one else to support me.
Hi Becki,

Yes, this is the best option here - it will be up to the assessors to decide if they can accept this evidence, so please keep checking your online account for any updates.

Warm regards, Graeme
I've rang student finance again due to the conflicting information I've been told and because of my situation that I can send the form, the evidence and a letter stating that due to having no one to sign the form I am unable to provide the countersign form and that due to not speaking to family for the past 5 years that I have no one else to support me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending