The Student Room Group

Medicine in Canada for International Student

Hi, I am an international student and I got offered admission for Bachelors in Biology in a few Canadian Universities. Once I complete this course, is it possible for me to get some work experience and get a PR in Canada and then apply for MD program in Canada? Also do you prefer studying medicine in Canada or United Kingdom?

Note: I am an international in both the countries.
What other requirements/courses/exams does one need to complete after finishing MBBS in UK to become a physician?

I’ll be applying for UK in a few months. Most of the universities I wanted to apply for have an age requirement of 18, I was too young to apply last year.
(edited 4 years ago)
So, during the second year of IMT, I can begin my speciality training also? Furthermore, what are the expenses of the IMT and Speciality training? Generally MBBS / MB ChB would cost over 30000 Euros per year for an international, is it the same for IMT and ST4 or are the expenses comparatively lesser.

Sorry, I’m not familiar with these programmes so I’m kind of new to understanding this. Being an international student, I want to be very careful in making this decision.
(edited 4 years ago)
Is the pay during the training/foundation enough for one’s basic sustenance. I just don’t want to depend on my family for too long. Also on basis of your personal experience, how challenging have you found this field to be? I love to study and work but I just would love to have some insight from someone who has experienced this.

Also I have a doubt, I am actually a 17 year old. (will be 17 when the course for 2019 starts) Finished my high school just 3 months ago. Am I considered a gap year student taking into account that the reason for the gap was my age issue? Also does this gap year of sorts affect my chance at getting admission.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
this Government of Canada website might help you :smile:

i don't know anything about med school but i've lived all over Canada and now in the UK. i prefer UK.
Reply 5
Do you have any idea what the pretax average salary of ST4-ST7 with on calls?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending