The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-Level Geography: Paper 3

I have no clue how to revise for paper 3 - the synoptic paper which is on Thursday 13th June 2019! Any advice?

Scroll to see replies

I'm talking about Edexcel here but...

I'd say that it is mostly knowledge of both human and physical that you need before going into this exam, which you should mostly know from revising the first two papers. It is also important to know which AO skills you will need for each question. For example in the 8 mark analyse questions you need AO1 and AO3, 4 marks for each AO.

I hope this helps, this is just how I've been revising for it!
go through notes and technique, examiners reports may be helpful
learn the statistical tests!!!

no statistical facts needed (ie case studies) but make sure you know a few general ones you could name drop. the majority f your info should come from the resources
will we get formulas for say spearmans rank?
Original post by leanmeanmachine
learn the statistical tests!!!

no statistical facts needed (ie case studies) but make sure you know a few general ones you could name drop. the majority f your info should come from the resources
Does anyone have an idea of what topics might come up
yep
Original post by bennythebear27
will we get formulas for say spearmans rank?
Reply 7
my teacher predicts that it will be about Tectonics and the water/carbon cycles. Maybe climate change too?
last years paper was based on globalisation and superpowers
Original post by lastminutehelp
Does anyone have an idea of what topics might come up
Reply 8
my teacher predicts the carbon cycle as it didn't come up much in paper 1 and possibly something to do with TNCs as that wasn't really mentioned in paper 2??
thats what i thought, syke when it was all about tectonics and superpowers again
Original post by jessye80
my teacher predicts that it will be about Tectonics and the water/carbon cycles. Maybe climate change too?
last years paper was based on globalisation and superpowers
First question, one theory on development for global power patterns or something, what did you guys do?? I did the mackinders heartland theory
Reply 11
What did you get for spearmanns rank
I spoke about the world systems theory by Wallenstein , the disparity in power between core and periphery countries
Original post by ChezPlayz
First question, one theory on development for global power patterns or something, what did you guys do?? I did the mackinders heartland theory
-1. Something
Original post by fs14
What did you get for spearmanns rank
i got -0.12
Original post by ChezPlayz
-1. Something
I got -0.12 for the spearman question and talked about dependency theory (in terms of core and periphery) for the first question. How did everyone find Edexcel Paper Three in general?
(edited 4 years ago)
i did exactly the same, honestly thought it was the best paper out of the 3 which is jokes bc i didnt do any revision for it, wbu?
Original post by pinkvelvet03
I got -0.12 for the spearman question and talked about dependency theory (in terms of core and periphery) for the first question. How did everyone find Edexcel Paper Three in general?
Original post by anniemollie
I spoke about the world systems theory by Wallenstein , the disparity in power between core and periphery countries

Thank god for the World Systems theory
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be like?
i think they'll be similar to last years
Original post by _olive_
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be like?

Quick Reply

Latest