The Student Room Group

writing wrong question number on extra paper?

I've asked for extra paper in almost all of my GCSEs, but there are only two boxes to write a question number like 05.3, so I asked an examiner in my first exams what to write and she said to but '05' (for example) in the boxes, and then '05.3' above the line I continue my answer. I've just come out my Geography exam, and on the extra paper I was told to write '05' in the boxes and '.3' in the boxes below. If I've written it wrong in either method, will it not get marked?

Also: For one of my papers I wrote the paper reference slightly wrong at the top. I wrote the subject AND the reference number, so I didn't have enough boxes and put two numbers in the same box... will this also not get marked?
It should get marked. I forgot to cross boxes to indicate what sections I was doing in a few of my gcse papers and trying to figure out how to write 27.1 and 27.2 in 2 boxes was confusing enough. Apparently they manually check them, and if yours doesn’t get marked then that’s their failing not yours. But it should definitely get marked so don’t worry :smile:
Hm, I think you should be alright since the examiners know what the different questions, so I wouldn’t worry, but if anyone else differs then do comment below.
My teacher said even if you did continue writing on the Supplementary Answer Booklet, the examiners will not punish you for not writing the correct numbers, they will know which question you are talking about after reading your work.
I hope this reassures you that this is not the end for you, just focus on your other exams now, I've only got Physics left, can't wait for the 12 week holidays.
Oh ye for geog i wrote 3.2 instead of 03.2
Original post by telkov
I've asked for extra paper in almost all of my GCSEs, but there are only two boxes to write a question number like 05.3, so I asked an examiner in my first exams what to write and she said to but '05' (for example) in the boxes, and then '05.3' above the line I continue my answer. I've just come out my Geography exam, and on the extra paper I was told to write '05' in the boxes and '.3' in the boxes below. If I've written it wrong in either method, will it not get marked?

Also: For one of my papers I wrote the paper reference slightly wrong at the top. I wrote the subject AND the reference number, so I didn't have enough boxes and put two numbers in the same box... will this also not get marked?
Reply 5
Thanks for the replies! Yeah, I hope it become obvious which answer I'm writing about when they mark it. About the paper reference, though.. if I wrote two characters in the same box (they were /2 if i remember) will this not get marked either? The answer booklet is in the exam paper with my candidate number and everything, so hopefully it's obvious it's for that paper? Or do they get separated for some reason?
Nah, they don't get separated, hopefully, they have that small wire that clips them together, so the examiner can easily look at your extra writing on the Supplementary Answer Booklet, for every question I used the Supplementary Answer Booklet, I wrote "continued on Supplementary Answer Booklet" so the examiner knows and in the event it does get lost, they try their best to find it.
Original post by telkov
Thanks for the replies! Yeah, I hope it become obvious which answer I'm writing about when they mark it. About the paper reference, though.. if I wrote two characters in the same box (they were /2 if i remember) will this not get marked either? The answer booklet is in the exam paper with my candidate number and everything, so hopefully it's obvious it's for that paper? Or do they get separated for some reason?
Reply 7
Thanks :smile: yeah, they were clipped. I also wrote those little notes, so hopefully everything is fine. Good luck for physics tomorrow!
Original post by The Stdudent
Nah, they don't get separated, hopefully, they have that small wire that clips them together, so the examiner can easily look at your extra writing on the Supplementary Answer Booklet, for every question I used the Supplementary Answer Booklet, I wrote "continued on Supplementary Answer Booklet" so the examiner knows and in the event it does get lost, they try their best to find it.
Thanks, you too.
Original post by telkov
Thanks :smile: yeah, they were clipped. I also wrote those little notes, so hopefully everything is fine. Good luck for physics tomorrow!
Original post by The Stdudent
My teacher said even if you did continue writing on the Supplementary Answer Booklet, the examiners will not punish you for not writing the correct numbers, they will know which question you are talking about after reading your work.
I hope this reassures you that this is not the end for you, just focus on your other exams now, I've only got Physics left, can't wait for the 12 week holidays.

omg im scared for it
You're scared for Physics, don't be (even though you've finished it now), anyway, it's the holidays now, thank God.
Original post by laugh72
omg im scared for it

Quick Reply

Latest