The Student Room Group

Social Work Masters Cardiff 2019

Hello :smile:
I posted on here a little while ago about getting an interview for Cardiff and I am so happy because I have been given an unconditional offer which I have accepted! :biggrin:
Anyone else going to cardiff Sept 2019 to study the Masters in Social work?
Would love to hear from you all!
How did you find the interview? Any tips?

I have mine on the 7th June and the nerves are starting to come in full force. Especially about the critical reflection on the academic literature.

Congratulations for getting your place on the course!
Reply 2
I was really nervous for the interview but it went ok, just believe in yourself. Don't be afraid to take pauses or ask to hear the question again if you are flustered. Hope that's okay, good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by RhysAdams90
How did you find the interview? Any tips?

I have mine on the 7th June and the nerves are starting to come in full force. Especially about the critical reflection on the academic literature.

Congratulations for getting your place on the course!
Reply 3
HiI also had an interview on the 7th, very anxious now waiting to hear.... How long did you wait to hear you had a place?ThanksSu
Hey Su,

Have you heard anything yet? I was expecting us to find out by now!
Original post by suwade24
HiI also had an interview on the 7th, very anxious now waiting to hear.... How long did you wait to hear you had a place?ThanksSu
Reply 5
Hey Su,

Have you heard anything yet? I was expecting us to find out by now!

No I haven't and was wondering if to ask you the same.... Bit of a relief to know you haven't, hopefully it will be today. Which one were you Rhys? I was the larger lady and I think we were talking by the tea and biccys?
Yeah that was me talking to you :smile:. I’m sure they said we would hear by today at the latest. Maybe when the post comes
No I haven't and was wondering if to ask you the same.... Bit of a relief to know you haven't, hopefully it will be today. Which one were you Rhys? I was the larger lady and I think we were talking by the tea and biccys?
Reply 7
Susan emailed me Monday about something else and did say she hoped to inform us by the end of the week - I was assuming we'd hear by email. Fingers crossed & Good luck!
Yeah that was me talking to you :smile:. I’m sure they said we would hear by today at the latest. Maybe when the post comes
Susan emailed me Monday about something else and did say she hoped to inform us by the end of the week - I was assuming we'd hear by email. Fingers crossed & Good luck!

Hey Su, have you heard anything yet?
Reply 9
I have just PM you - I think!

Hey Su, have you heard anything yet?
Reply 10
I also had an interview on the 7th and have been accepted! 😁 - super excited 😆
Well done you!

I thought I bombed my interview hard but found out I’d been accepted too. Real happy :smile:
Original post by sinnyox
I also had an interview on the 7th and have been accepted! 😁 - super excited 😆
Reply 12
Ahh that’s amazing, well done! - you obviously did much better than you thought :biggrin:
Well done you!

I thought I bombed my interview hard but found out I’d been accepted too. Real happy :smile:
Ah well done Rhys and Sinnyox, I'm in too - how exciting! Have you had anything official through yet?
Well done you!

Original post by sinnyox
Ahh that’s amazing, well done! - you obviously did much better than you thought :biggrin:
Reply 14
That's amazing - Well done! The only things that I have had through are confirmation from UCAS and the offer letter from Cardiff Uni from the admissions team :smile: I haven't had anything that explains what to do next or anything yet though.
Ah well done Rhys and Sinnyox, I'm in too - how exciting! Have you had anything official through yet?

Only an invite to register for social care Wales. Apparently admissions will send out their confirmation on Friday
Reply 16
Hiya everyone and well done on getting in! Sorry I haven't replied sooner I forgot my password:eek: Are you all local to the uni? I can't wait for september!
Reply 17
Hiya everyone! I've created a facebook group for anyone who is going to cardiff this sept - the group is called ma social work cardiff university 2019 entry. please join and introduce yourself!
thank you!
Reply 18
Hi! - I can’t find it :frown:
Original post by Abaaindie
Hiya everyone! I've created a facebook group for anyone who is going to cardiff this sept - the group is called ma social work cardiff university 2019 entry. please join and introduce yourself!
thank you!
Reply 19
I have sent you a private message hopefully that will work - if not the name is MA Social Work Cardiff University 2019 Entry. the group is available for anyone to search, hopefully you can find it
Original post by sinnyox
Hi! - I can’t find it :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest