The Student Room Group

Habitual liar, lazy con artist and sex pest about to be made PM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fullofsurprises
Brexit Party isn't even a party, it has no membership or structures, no policies and no leadership team. It is a dodgy offshore corporation owned by Nigel's mates and purely designed to be a wrapper for whatever Nigel wants. The MEPs it has are total ciphers and nonentities, plus a few Tory has beens and some rather sinister hard right people. Absolutely horrible people supporting a loudmouth who is a stooge for foreign oligarchs.

I don't particularly like Farage nor the Brexit party. Farage is, in my opinion, a hypocrite whose opinions are as fickle as the wind. If not for the polls, and tactical voting, I'd vote for UKIP.

But 'Brexit party isn't even a party'. Really? 'it has no membership or structures, no policies and no leadership team' none of those are prerequisites for recognition as a political party.
He's no worse than Corbyn, also the current Mayor is appalling
(edited 4 years ago)
Tell me it's not true.Trump Jr. steps up to the podium.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by gjd800
i didn't even know i was in the running

:rofl:

I'll have to make sure you get better advance notice when posting.
Original post by Oxford Mum
I must admit, as a feminist I don't like the way he treats women. Trump's the same. Where have all the old fashioned gentlemen gone?

Where have all the old-fashioned gentlemen gone?

You told them all to **** off. Lol. Apparently it was demeaning to women to hold the door for them, work all day while they stayed at home and did bugger all, allow them almost complete control over your household finances, etc.
(edited 4 years ago)
police are leaving because of the conditions with single crewing and a tidal wave of violence
the NHS (declining services, staff leaving, hideous pressures on those remaining, wilful destruction of key services such as GPs)
and education (most schools are hard pressed)

Do excuse my laziness; all of the linked charts were sourced from Google Images. There are no studies or papers, or other original sources linked. Most are created with data sourced originally from the UK govt. and the office for national statistics. I tried to pick graphs which weren't overly granular, and had data going at least as far back as the '60s (where possible).

Police: Yes, there is indeed a tidal wave of violence. Strangely enough, it is quite strongly correlated with the rate of immigration. The first graph isn't labelled; it shows recorded offences per 100,000 people in England and Wales.
https://puu.sh/DFIk1/7bd09da234.jpg
https://www.parliament.uk/ImageVaultFiles/id_11178/cf_578/olympic-crimeanddefence-crime-chart1-standard.jpg
http://www.migrationwatchuk.com/images/BP6_1/figure-1.png
https://garyullah.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/ukprisonpopulationgraph.png?w=723

The NHS: Yep, when you increase the demand but don't adequately increase the supply, you get shortages. Similar story with the housing crisis. It also doesn't help that the NHS has been partially privatised. If you're going to privatise it, go all the way, else, don't bother. You only get the worst of both worlds. Privatisation in general even when absolute doesn't work as well as it should, because the 'new' private entity inherits the inefficient structure of the 'old' public entity and can take a long time to restructure itself. It certainly doesn't help that the majority of immigrants are from 's***hole countries' and probably have a whole bunch of health problems.
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/BA1A/production/_94224674_health_spending_growth.png
https://www.ons.gov.uk/chartimage?uri=/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/populationestimates/articles/overviewoftheukpopulation/mar2017/59d5bd84

Education: No, most schools are not overly hard pressed. They're barely receiving enough money, true. Would more money make a difference? Probably not:
https://arizonadailyindependent.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/trends-in-public-schools.png (STATS FROM UNITED STATES)
https://i2.wp.com/revisesociology.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/government-spending-education-uk.png?resize=608%2C439&ssl=1
While the stats in the first chart are from America, they are still relevant because the human component does not significantly change. I think the reason the scores do not improve with spending is that they are simply hitting the genetic limits of their potential. The same is almost certainly true of British schools. Throwing more money at the problem will not magically make people more intelligent. Note however that American SAT scores correlate more strongly with IQ (which is a proxy for general intelligence) than British GCSEs.

Look at how much we blow on foreign aid. Imagine if that was spent on, say, the NHS, instead. But no, can't do that, that'd be racist probably.
https://fullfact.org/media/uploads/Feb18_UK_development_spending.png
(edited 4 years ago)
@Kill3rCat
What I am talking about is mutual respect between men and women. As an attractive 20 something, I was frequently hi on by 50 year old men who should have known better, as I was married. It became quite aggressive sometimes, even when I told them no. Once I was at a Christmas party and my boss said he has booked a room at the hotel for us. Of course I said no. A few months later there were redundancies and he was in charge of deciding who lost their job. Of course it was me.

I am actually an inveterate door holder opener. It is one of the great joys of life.
I'm still hopefull that a BoJo/hard-Brexit victory will cause a permanent split in the Tory party. It's not a lot to hope for but it's something.
Original post by BeetRoots
I'm still hopefull that a BoJo/hard-Brexit victory will cause a permanent split in the Tory party. It's not a lot to hope for but it's something.

Some Tory MPs will leave the party when Boris is sworn in after making a load of false promises and avoiding all media appearances. Our very first stealth prime minister.
Some Tory MPs will leave the party when Boris is sworn in after making a load of false promises and avoiding all media appearances. Our very first stealth prime minister.

I've been re-watching The Thick of It via Nextflix, Oh to be a fly on the wall right now.
@Kill3rCat
What I am talking about is mutual respect between men and women. As an attractive 20 something, I was frequently hi on by 50 year old men who should have known better, as I was married. It became quite aggressive sometimes, even when I told them no. Once I was at a Christmas party and my boss said he has booked a room at the hotel for us. Of course I said no.

On the plus side, at least you got the dirty old men willing to pay for hotel rooms. :tongue:
I get the guys who bring their mother's on dates and forget their wallets.
Or date me for years while spending a fortune of sex workers behind my back.

Also had a few perverted creeps proposition me when their spouses were nearby whispering about "after-hours fun in the car park/toilets/on top of the photocopier". :rolleyes:
One rotter had a heavily pregnant wife with a very confrontational demeanor who wouldn't let him out of her sight.
She was a bit taken aback when I went over to her, started showing her photos of my toy animal collection and talking about all the toys in my car.
Her divorce papers went out that same year and proved that she knew everything about the creep she had married. :biggrin:
@Kill3rCat
What I am talking about is mutual respect between men and women. As an attractive 20 something, I was frequently hi on by 50 year old men who should have known better, as I was married. It became quite aggressive sometimes, even when I told them no. Once I was at a Christmas party and my boss said he has booked a room at the hotel for us. Of course I said no. A few months later there were redundancies and he was in charge of deciding who lost their job. Of course it was me.

I am actually an inveterate door holder opener. It is one of the great joys of life.

Fair enough. When I said 'you' I wasn't referring to you as an individual, I was referring to 'you' as a group (women). More specifically, feminists, though it is perhaps a bit of a leap to assume you are align with that group.
@londonmyst. Ha ha maybe we should get together to compare dirty old men notes.

My ex boyfriends were even worse. Sadly I have discovered I am much better off on my own. I just dread the idea of bojo cutting a swathe through the office and ruining all the pretty girl’s lives who happen to work there.
Why is Borris a sex pest?
Habitual liar, lazy con artist and sex pest about to be made PM

Yes but he did win the Great War :tongue:
That Rory Stewart could cause an upset yet, he's fast on Boris's tail. I'd be sweating pellets if I was Boris.
Original post by Cass911
That Rory Stewart could cause an upset yet, he's fast on Boris's tail. I'd be sweating pellets if I was Boris.

hes doing well with the public, at least from what I see online.. but he is way way behind in terms of MPs, his challenge isn't beating boris, its getting past the other non-boris candidates to even get the chance to battle boris.
Original post by fallen_acorns
hes doing well with the public, at least from what I see online.. but he is way way behind in terms of MPs, his challenge isn't beating boris, its getting past the other non-boris candidates to even get the chance to battle boris.

He managed to get through the first round which no-one expected. He's the dark horse.
Original post by Cass911
He managed to get through the first round which no-one expected. He's the dark horse.

He's the dark horse in this one, but if he keeps up his path he will be a favourite in the next. That will be the temptation for him, is it best to give in this time and fall behind one of the other non-boris candidates under the promise of a top cabinet position, and then build his recognition until he is ready to challenge again next time.

I do think he's shown a huge amount of potential in a non Brexit political landscape
Reply 59
You couldn't make it up.

boris.jpg

That is literally going to give me nightmares. It looks like a half melted wax mannequin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending