The Student Room Group

Why do men only care about one thing?

Scroll to see replies

Well i think some girls/women don't make a great case for their other offerings.

They expect the world without putting in any effort themselves. If a man wants nothing but sex from you it's time to take a look in the mirror.
Original post by Studentnewcastle
I tried looking for halal manner but it didn’t work men were either players or I wasn’t into them I can’t marry a man just for the sake of marriage I need attraction I need love not just marriage certificate

yes, and you can still look for men in a halal manner, there can be attraction and love in halal marriages
Beer?
I'm a Chad. :dontknow:
Reply 84
God said to wait for marriage and that’s what I will do plus In my culture a woman who sleeps around is considered bad and not a marriage material and usually they end up alone in 60s and childless and nobody wants them I believe waiting makes us love each other’s in other aspects because physical aspect don’t last and beauty goes away but love lasts and if they really love u they will propose

Not sure about what you are saying. How would you know who sleeps around ,how much and when? And what would ever make you conclude that this type of woman would end up childless and /or unmarried? This is blatantly not true in most cases in fact. You are, with respect, sexually inexperienced and therefore you are struggling to see the important of the link between sex and love. Sex is important in many relationships. Even if i loved the person i would not marry her unless she could show that she is happy to make love to me before marriage. Sex reveals a lot of stuff about the person before it is too late!
Reply 85
Every time I meet a guy I like and have a connection with and I feel he is the one he turns out to only care about sex and when I tell him that am looking for a relationship possibly marriage they completely lose interest and ignore me.....
Due to my faith and culture I refuse to engage in any sexual acts with a man before marriage because I truly believe an honest man will wait someone who loves me will wait
But I feel like it’s impossible to find anymore I been disappointed many times and I began to believe I might not find the one
Is there no one waiting anymore?
Do men only care about one thing?

No they dont just care about one thing. You just need to be patient. Your faith and culuture has made things more challenging. You have thing about where you are looking! Look for people with a similar mindset in your culture if virginity is important to you. Personally i don't think virginity proves or disproves anything. You could ,if you wish, examine the claims of your cultire and faith in more detail. You may decide that virginity is no big deal. I think an issue for determined virgins is that they eventually find out that sex is actually a very big deal in most long term relationships; and it would have been good to know whether your husband or wife was bisexual, gay, asexual, very low libido before getting married. Suppose ,for example, you have a much higher libido than your husband to be who has almost no libido ?You would, in your case, only know this once yiu married him. Then what? you would then be suffering while relying on your faith and hoping! Sexual intimacy tells you a lot more about a person.
Reply 86
Original post by Yahik093
We should have a referendum to send all this cults + followers a few centuries back in time. Some people are not meant to be born in today's society. It really pisses me off people saying stupid things like "mjmimimi sex before marriage = no kids + unhappiness mimkmi". Grow up, theres more than light that meets the eye in this world.

No, not every man wants only one thing. I waited 4 years with my first gf and none of us are religious. But after that I swore to myself that I'd never ever do that again.
Dont get me wrong, to each their own, but I find sex a big part of a relationship (doesnt matter if you do it once a day or once a month).

And that's the issue with inexperienced virgins who avoid sex before marriage. They simply dont realise the importance of sex to many people. Sex says a lot about a person.
Your talking as if ur not from this culture most Muslim men however open won’t deny that in the end they want to marry a woman without sexual experiences even if they had some themselves Double standards, if women and men were treated the same in most cultures maybe we wouldn’t be having this conversation
Original post by mgi
No they dont just care about one thing. You just need to be patient. Your faith and culuture has made things more challenging. You have thing about where you are looking! Look for people with a similar mindset in your culture if virginity is important to you. Personally i don't think virginity proves or disproves anything. You could ,if you wish, examine the claims of your cultire and faith in more detail. You may decide that virginity is no big deal. I think an issue for determined virgins is that they eventually find out that sex is actually a very big deal in most long term relationships; and it would have been good to know whether your husband or wife was bisexual, gay, asexual, very low libido before getting married. Suppose ,for example, you have a much higher libido than your husband to be who has almost no libido ?You would, in your case, only know this once yiu married him. Then what? you would then be suffering while relying on your faith and hoping! Sexual intimacy tells you a lot more about a person.
Your talking as if ur not from this culture most Muslim men however open won’t deny that in the end they want to marry a woman without sexual experiences even if they had some themselves Double standards, if women and men were treated the same in most cultures maybe we wouldn’t be having this conversation

So if you admit it's hypocritical, why bother? It'll never change if people like you just accept it.
I think you need to stop blaming men for your own problems. Don’t make sweeping generalisations about men when you haven’t even stepped outside Newcastle. The type of man you want does exist, you just haven’t found him yet and by the sounds of it, you don’t really want to. You won’t get anywhere unless you put yourself out there and get out of your comfort zone. Failing that, maybe a better option for you would be to find a man in your own country. They will at least have the same culture and upbringing as you.

Instead of demanding men to be a certain way, I think you should focus more on what you can offer someone before you can approach having a relationship. No man wants a woman who takes everything but gives nothing in return. Ask yourself what makes you deserve an educated and cultured man who is a virgin and wants to get married. If you can’t answer that, you probably won’t get exactly what you want.
(edited 4 years ago)
You're finding the wrong guys, this could be down to bad luck.
I know it’s hypocritical however I prefer to remain abstinent for personal reasons not just religious or cultural cause those reasons alone cannot make me abstinent it’s a personal choice and the person who wants me must respect that
Original post by Drewski
So if you admit it's hypocritical, why bother? It'll never change if people like you just accept it.
Men think about one thing as its human nature for a man to spread his seed. Social norms and religion often dont relate to the hard facts of human nature.
Reply 93
Guinness?
That’s the only thing I’m bothered about that’s why I’m scared to have a relationship because I’m worried they won’t love me for me and my personality and will just want sex all the time 😩x
Reply 95
I know it’s hypocritical however I prefer to remain abstinent for personal reasons not just religious or cultural cause those reasons alone cannot make me abstinent it’s a personal choice and the person who wants me must respect that

Yes of course they should respect how you feel. A man who actually wants you should actually want to have sex with you as well. But your comment that men just want one thing is based on what experience exactly? And why would that opinion be attractive to any man unless you have actually met and spoken to literally millions of men?
Reply 96
So you are a psychic who knows the future and has met millions of men and has decided that none of them are worth dating because they will all want sex all the time?lol. Did you actually read what you just wrote?. Can't you be a bit more positive and give yourself some hope?
It’s based on the many men who left me cause am abstinent and my friends experiences
Original post by mgi
Yes of course they should respect how you feel. A man who actually wants you should actually want to have sex with you as well. But your comment that men just want one thing is based on what experience exactly? And why would that opinion be attractive to any man unless you have actually met and spoken to literally millions of men?
Reply 98
It’s based on the many men who left me cause am abstinent and my friends experiences

Really? Your friends and you have the same experiences? So you actually think that the numerous guys left yiu because you didnt want to have sex? Did they actually say that or is that what you have decided? Maybe you just need to understand that not every guy will be into you and that is fine? Perhaps also you may just be be an awful picker of the wrong guys? If you are looking for the right person you will have to do a lot of honest reflection before you even begin to accuse the guys. Unfortunately it is true that negativity attracts negativity!
Original post by mgi
Really? Your friends and you have the same experiences? So you actually think that the numerous guys left yiu because you didnt want to have sex? Did they actually say that or is that what you have decided? Maybe you just need to understand that not every guy will be into you and that is fine? Perhaps also you may just be be an awful picker of the wrong guys? If you are looking for the right person you will have to do a lot of honest reflection before you even begin to accuse the guys. Unfortunately it is true that negativity attracts negativity!

My thoughts exactly. I think OP needs to take a look in the mirror and work out her own problems instead of blaming her failures on people she hasn’t even met.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending