The Student Room Group

Have your say: Edexcel A-level Maths paper ‘leaked online’ day before exam

Here's where you can post a comment about our A-level Maths paper ‘leaked online’ day before exam article.

Read the full A-level Maths paper ‘leaked online’ day before exam article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.

Scroll to see replies

Again. The only year this paper didn’t leak was the year I bloody did it.
well it was legit...
Reply 3
This is completely ridiculous

I thought they had put more things in place to try and stop this happening...

First they have a pathetic second paper that's way too hard

Then they leak the 1st and 3rd papers

This is our futures that's being ruined
I really hoped they would be fake :frown: so annoying
Reply 5
Lol I feel so sorry for A level Edexcel Maths students, first they had really hard exam papers, and now they are getting leaked, talk about being in a ****ed up position. And why would the guy sell the whole paper for just £70? It seems a little too low for a real exam paper that is yet to be sat, if it were me I would be selling it for like 100 or something
Reply 6
If this is true, then shame on the board. Either the papers are set as difficult that no teacher ever taught the kind of stuff and then if there is a leak of paper. Exams should strictly be based on the subject spec, as it's about testing the students what they have been taught and what they have learnt throughout the course. Govt says very few students do maths, how will one want to do maths if this all happens in exams.
Stupid and unfair students with questions beforehand will pass and others who revised without the advantage will fail considering how shockingly hard the other maths papers were. All students should get their predicted grade
Reply 8
Jokes on whoever wasted £70 on that exam paper because it wasn't hard.
I think I saw it yesterday, but I didn't click on it.

EDIT: ah no I'm mistaken, what I saw was a fake😅
Attachment not found
(edited 4 years ago)
So what about the innocent students? The students that hadn't seen the leaked papers. The students that hadn't actively searched for leaked papers.

The innocent students have spent precious exam time working out those questions from the afresh.

Even if the Edexcel decide to give everyone full marks for the leaked questions, the innocent students are still at a disadvantage as the time spent working out the questions from afresh could have been time used on other questions.

And yes, there are innocent students out there. I have one devastated son who has worked bloomin hard - only to find out after the exam that his efforts have been trampled on.
The impossible Maths paper is yet another argument for a radical overhaul of our medieval system of competing exam boards, some of them the property of textbook publishers, which is like the old arrangment of weights and measures, in which every county had its own system.There needs to be one exam board, part of the Department of Education, staffed by top-quality people, each subject overseen by representatives of the teaching profession at all levels, from Primary to PhD. They should also produce and/or curate, and make available for free, digital learning materials. Their exam-setting method needs to be transparent and in line with the best practice in assessment, again overseen by an independent board for each subject.It would cost very little, the savings in economies of scale would be great, every student's results would be comparable to every other student's.Perhaps some day we'll have a government which is rational and radical enough to do this.
I seriously don't want want my results changed because I didn't see the paper before and I don't deserve to so this again. Plus I think I did all the hard papers properly and will get a high mark.
I am appalled and extremely disappointed to learn that paper 3 has been leaked. This is completely unfair to all the Edexcel A level maths students. Papers 1 and 2 were shockingly difficult and bored no resemblance whatsoever on what the students were actually taught in class then Paper 3 gets leaked. It’s only fair that students are honoured their predicted grade or at least close to their predicted grade.
Original post by magma004
This is completely ridiculous

I thought they had put more things in place to try and stop this happening...

First they have a pathetic second paper that's way too hard

Then they leak the 1st and 3rd papers

This is our futures that's being ruined

Has paper 1 also been leaked? This is ridiculous! Apparently AQA maths A level papers have been much easier than the Edexcel, again this isn’t fair
Original post by Doug1943
The impossible Maths paper is yet another argument for a radical overhaul of our medieval system of competing exam boards, some of them the property of textbook publishers, which is like the old arrangment of weights and measures, in which every county had its own system.There needs to be one exam board, part of the Department of Education, staffed by top-quality people, each subject overseen by representatives of the teaching profession at all levels, from Primary to PhD. They should also produce and/or curate, and make available for free, digital learning materials. Their exam-setting method needs to be transparent and in line with the best practice in assessment, again overseen by an independent board for each subject.It would cost very little, the savings in economies of scale would be great, every student's results would be comparable to every other student's.Perhaps some day we'll have a government which is rational and radical enough to do this.

Agreed, what's worse is that these exam boards offer instruction to teachers at a fee so that they can see how the exams are graded and worded, along with likely material that will come up in future exams.
This is so stupid the exam board didn't even do anything about it as well
So unfair. I completely ****ed up these exams and grade boundaries are gonna be so high. I hope edexcel does something about it
Reply 18
Original post by xiaohong
I seriously don't want want my results changed because I didn't see the paper before and I don't deserve to so this again. Plus I think I did all the hard papers properly and will get a high mark.

Totally agree. I worked my *** off to get a higher grade than my predictions, felt ok about all 3 papers, and now I hear people have cheated. I don't want my mock or predicted grade, I want a fair grade based on actual achievement without inflated grade boundaries caused by the cheats.
But I ****ed up only this one, which is basically the one that got leaked.

Quick Reply

Latest