The Student Room Group

The Official Stocks and Shares Thread

Live Company Group RNS this morning was significant given the calibre of the businesses LMI have worked with in the past.

As David says there will be 60 shows this year, with around 1,000,000 visitors expected. Kids love buying merchandise. Say the average person spends £10 that’s £10,000,000 revenue a year from merchandise alone.

Also, Bright Bricks has 100m Bricks - that’s a lot!
For those who like checking shares moving averages, Live Company Group is back up above the 200dma and mms not wanting to let it go higher as NT to buy.
Value Act wants Merlin to go private interesting

This may cause problems for investors

I hope the pressure on merlin means they will buy Live Company Group as means of interesting their share price
Very good point. Merlin not the only suitors. We are also working with RELX (the owners of Reedpop), Live Nation, AWC, Exhibition Hub - just to name a few.

How long before one of those do the Maths, and see the potential, and buy us?
Original post by bigmansouf
Value Act wants Merlin to go private interesting

This may cause problems for investors

I hope the pressure on merlin means they will buy Live Company Group as means of interesting their share price
Plus Merlin, if Live Company Group does land a deal to provide their legoland content, they will clearly be interested. They won’t want Lvcg being bought by someone else.

RELX, the owners of REEDPOP have done 9 acquisitions in the last year - spending nearly £1bn buying names like Comic Con and Macbrooks.

RELX (REEDPOP) paid:
- £80m for UK ComicCon which had 3 events.
- £200m for MacBrooks which had 25 events, across 20 cities.

Live Company will have 150 events in 2021, across >50 cities on >4 continents. Current m/c - £45m

How much is Live Company worth?

Bidding war to come?
Also worth pointing out that Live Company is working with Comic Con this weekend. And Reedpop CEO loves Lego! Check out his Twitter bio
Original post by mattymoo432
Plus Merlin, if Live Company Group does land a deal to provide their legoland content, they will clearly be interested. They won’t want Lvcg being bought by someone else.

RELX, the owners of REEDPOP have done 9 acquisitions in the last year - spending nearly £1bn buying names like Comic Con and Macbrooks.

RELX (REEDPOP) paid:
- £80m for UK ComicCon which had 3 events.
- £200m for MacBrooks which had 25 events, across 20 cities.

Live Company will have 150 events in 2021, across >50 cities on >4 continents. Current m/c - £45m

How much is Live Company worth?

Bidding war to come?
Nice to see Live Company Group share price is up 10% so far in 2019. Roll on £3 (my target)
Huge endorsement for LVCG today as it’s announced they are partnering with Nickelodeon in a 5 year agreement. Demonstrates the strength of LVCG IP given that they were approached by Nickelodeon. Even better, the Chairman says the deal was sorted 6 months sooner than they were expecting.

Results and Broker note due by the end of the week.
Results and Broker note due by the end of the week.

Which week?
Original post by Quady
Which week?

The 2018 results and Broker note were released yesterday

178% increase in revenues from £1.928m in 2017 to £5.351m in 2018. EBITDA £333K. Not many companies on AIM have such massive growth which has continued further in 2019
The 2018 results and Broker note were released yesterday

178% increase in revenues from £1.928m in 2017 to £5.351m in 2018. EBITDA £333K. Not many companies on AIM have such massive growth which has continued further in 2019

Highly impressive. How much ££££££££ did they make?
Guess the market was impressed with the staggering growth achieved?
Original post by Quady
Highly impressive. How much ££££££££ did they make?
Guess the market was impressed with the staggering growth achieved?

They made a loss of £2.7m and the Share price closed down nearly 15%. I purchased more shares yesterday afternoon. AIM is a funny world. People buy and then sell on positive news. Traders aye
They made a loss of £2.7m and the Share price closed down nearly 15%. I purchased more shares yesterday afternoon. AIM is a funny world. People buy and then sell on positive news. Traders aye

Perhaps they weren't keen on David Ciclitira taking £503k in renumeration for 2018 (2017: £191k), against revenue of £5.4m?
Original post by Quady
Perhaps they weren't keen on David Ciclitira taking £503k in renumeration for 2018 (2017: £191k), against revenue of £5.4m?

It certainly was a chunky remuneration. But if you look at how much is spent on business consultancy, it was very low at £3k.
Live Company group sign a deal signed in Israel. The company is now in 50 locations in 2019, with £4m of revenues already achieved.

Expecting more announcements soon of Christmas shows.

Worth noting there was 34 shows in 2018 - already 50 scheduled this year, with 60 being the 2019 target.

David has a target of 150 annual shows by 2021, so I’d assume the target next year is 100?

Have you averaged down further since? 10-15% below the price you bought at last week now right?

Top opportunity given Shard say 73p min share price in one years time.
I thought the broker note was conservative. Suspect LVCG will smash them
Original post by Quady
Have you averaged down further since? 10-15% below the price you bought at last week now right?

Top opportunity given Shard say 73p min share price in one years time.
Nice to see Live Company Group share price is up 10% so far in 2019. Roll on £3 (my target)

Bought more now it at an 11 month low?
Yeah, you?
Original post by Quady
Bought more now it at an 11 month low?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending