The Student Room Group

Did you revise for GCSES 2019?

Most of my year group and I didn't bother revising, we were all lazy, unmotivated and just couldn't be asked. Did all of you guys revise and if so, how much?
Eh, not as much as people think we should do. Less than I thought I’d do myself too.
Reply 2
How comes?
Original post by ThunderBeard
Eh, not as much as people think we should do. Less than I thought I’d do myself too.
I had high standards, people had high standards, but then the laziness kicks in and now woohoo, it’s my last exam 🥳
Original post by PurplePwnda
How comes?
Reply 4
I only night before revision for each of my exams , from like 11pm-1am
Haha, It's a lifestyle for me
Original post by meipwrk
lol, don't believe people in your year group. They probably revised, they just don't want to seem like a nerd. All the intelligent students that get 8/9 they revise a lot but they lie to people.

Your grades are a result of the effort you put in

As for me i started revising in the middle of April (Easter)
Reply 7
I did revise occasionally before Easter, but I mostly did last minute revision, the night before or even the morning of the exam, to consolidate my knowledge.
Original post by rockyball89
lol, don't believe people in your year group. They probably revised, they just don't want to seem like a nerd. All the intelligent students that get 8/9 they revise a lot but they lie to people.

fact 100% agreed
Reply 9
Welp I have low standards and I'm going to fail, lovely :smile:.
Original post by ThunderBeard
I had high standards, people had high standards, but then the laziness kicks in and now woohoo, it’s my last exam 🥳
I tried doing that but I kept on falling asleep.
Original post by meipwrk
Nah, they definitely haven't cuz we all bunked revision sessions together and then went chilling in places instead of staying at home and revising. When we were home, we were all playing PS4 so I don't know when they would have time to revise?¿

You don't understand. You don't know what happens behind close doors. I agree people can be banging out PS4, messing around, bunking lessons. But you don't know that maybe they revise in the morning before school & they make sure that they see the teacher to help them with revision before school begins because, they don't want to seem like a nerd.

Also, people that still get good grades & do this make sure they've started revising early e.g. in September that's about 8 months before exam season so when it comes they are relax & mess around more as they know they've covered more than 90% of all the material.

Don't listen to people. I guarantee you in august they will come out with high grades. Sometimes I do the same, but my mocks were not that great I got:

maths - 6
english lang.lit = 9
combined science 9-9
history - 9
italian = 7
business = 6
r.e = 8

Original post by PurplePwnda
Nah, they definitely haven't cuz we all bunked revision sessions together and then went chilling in places instead of staying at home and revising. When we were home, we were all playing PS4 so I don't know when they would have time to revise?¿
Reply 13
Yes. For my IGCSE exams I put in quite a lot of work, starting revision from last October and never bothering to stop. I did two or three exam past papers a day since February.
However, for my IAL exams I may have trouble as I have planned to take grade 8 piano in the middle of one of the exam series (October 2020). Will my plan below work?
Complete the IAS exams (and one A2) in June 2020 series, as they are quite early. Afterwards there will be about 4 months for me to focus on the grade 8 piano, but I will still practise for 3-4 days a week, 1 hour each for 3-4 months until April 2020 and halved during the IAS exam period.
After the grade 8 piano exam, there will be 2.5 months for me to prepare for the exams planned to be taken in January 2021. I will only take a few exams due to limited time, and no A2 exams in October 2020.
Finish the rest of the exams in June 2021.

So revising at this time did you still get good results ?
Yes, I overloaded myself with studies and felt extremely burnt out in the end!
Reply 16
In year 10 I got 5A*s and 1B, the exams were in June. I took history and triple science and art, I knew I wouldn’t get away with no revision for history so I started to revise from like a month before, no joke I could literally recite the textbook. For chem I revised a week and a half before because I had no idea, cause the teacher didn’t teach us properly, I just looked at specs and things. The exams i did the least revision for were English and Physics, I didn’t know any physics because I hadn’t revised any till the day before the exam - bc I went out two days before it and left it way too late. I revised two days before English too. So for most of my exams I crammed (and forgot everything as soon as I walked out of the exam hall), I made flashcards and went over them before I went to bed and then again in the morning. It helped SOO much. But the only exams I thought I’d pass was chem, cramming was my last option cause I left revision too late and I got sooooo stressed out and honestly thought I’d fail the exam. So this year I’m gonna try an revise early so I don’t get stressed out again. I also made a revision timetable but DID NOT stick to that.
People that revise : Nah I didn't revise at all
People that didn't revise : Yeah I did loads

Quick Reply

Latest