The Student Room Group

AQA Alevel Biology 2019 Paper 3 Predictions

Did anyone have any predictions for 2019 AQA Alevel Biology paper 3 because I can't remember what topics were there on paper1 and 2?

Scroll to see replies

Think there will be some osmoregulation and possibly photosynthesis and respiration, maybe something on nutrient cycles for year 2 topics but can’t remeber anything from paper 1 😅😅
Reply 2
Paper 2 had succession, DNA probes, muscle contraction, myelination, photosynthesis (light dependent), IAA that's all i remember tbh
I think respiration and maybe more on the kidneys, more topic 8 and nitrogen/phosphate cycles, farming stuff from topic 5 like eutrophication and effect on populations and speciation will come up on paper 3.
Reply 3
thank you
Original post by alday002
Paper 2 had succession, DNA probes, muscle contraction, myelination, photosynthesis (light dependent), IAA that's all i remember tbh
I think respiration and maybe more on the kidneys, more topic 8 and nitrogen/phosphate cycles, farming stuff from topic 5 like eutrophication and effect on populations and speciation will come up on paper 3.
Reply 4
thank you :smile:
Original post by Xjabnrlv_saadx
Think there will be some osmoregulation and possibly photosynthesis and respiration, maybe something on nutrient cycles for year 2 topics but can’t remeber anything from paper 1 😅😅
My teacher predicted a while back that the synoptic essay will be about cycles and loops, looks likely now that barely any topics covering these areas have come up.
like cell cycle n cycle p cycle etc? just random cycles? what would you write bout im a bit confused
Original post by TaylorCWR
My teacher predicted a while back that the synoptic essay will be about cycles and loops, looks likely now that barely any topics covering these areas have come up.
Original post by bellacinderella
like cell cycle n cycle p cycle etc? just random cycles? what would you write bout im a bit confused

You could write about; Phosphorus Cycle, Nitrogen Cycle, Krebs Cycle, Calvin Cycle, Negative and Positive feedback loops (osmoregulation, glucose regulation, maintaining O2 in the blood (chemoreceptors... etc) and cell cycle

And for outside spec knowledge I’ve just started looking at the Urea cycle. As it involves proteins, cycles, nitrogen. Lots of stuff that hasn’t come up as of yet.

This could all be for nothing though 🤷🏽*♂️
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Well yeah I think it would just be a general 'cycles' essay question and you can talk about all of the ones you mentioned, tailoring your answer to the question especially if it says "The importance of.."
Original post by bellacinderella
cool thanks!
Original post by Loreta24
Well yeah I think it would just be a general 'cycles' essay question and you can talk about all of the ones you mentioned, tailoring your answer to the question especially if it says "The importance of.."
ahhh okay yes, thamk you!!
You could write about; Phosphorus Cycle, Nitrogen Cycle, Krebs Cycle, Calvin Cycle, Negative and Positive feedback loops (osmoregulation, glucose regulation, maintaining O2 in the blood (chemoreceptors... etc) and cell cycle

And for outside spec knowledge I’ve just started looking at the Urea cycle. As it involves proteins, cycles, nitrogen. Lots of stuff that hasn’t come up as of yet.

This could all be for nothing though 🤷🏽*♂️
There was already an importance of cylces a while back, i don think itll come up again. Im thinking the essay will be on the importance of SA in living organisms

Any advice for off-spec stuff to look into for the essay?
What could you write about the importance of surface area in organisms? Like what topics could you talk about?
Reply 14
Gas exchange - alveoli, Lamellae in fish
SA:V ratio and heat loss
Rate of reactions? Metabolism.. enzymes.. something..
Hmm what else.. It seems to be quite specific.
Original post by adrogers
What could you write about the importance of surface area in organisms? Like what topics could you talk about?
honestly i dont think its worth stressing over out of spec info because you need to get to 21-22 marks before the out of spec info can give you the final additional marks if you dont get to this threshold the out of spec info does not matter
Original post by Kinyonga
Any advice for off-spec stuff to look into for the essay?
Reply 16
Oooh really? Thought it was added on anyway whether you get 21-22 marks or not. Interesting
Original post by Uzair789
honestly i dont think its worth stressing over out of spec info because you need to get to 21-22 marks before the out of spec info can give you the final additional marks if you dont get to this threshold the out of spec info does not matter
Reply 17

Doubt it. Came up in the old spec already and it's too easy for this new spec.

Will be something along the lines of "The importance of *x bio molecule* in the *y cells* of living organisms".

That's my guess.
does anyone have any advice on how to make AS stuff up to a-level standard. I'm currently planning an essay on "the cause of disease in humans" and I am gonna talk about cancer and epigenetics but I also wanna talk about the immune response and cardiovascular disorders but obviously they're both AS stuff and you get higher marks by 'developing things to a-level standard' but idk how to do that with AS stuff. Any help would be really appreciated :')
'A-level standard' includes content from AS level. It's just referring to the fact that you shouldn't use GCSE knowledge.
Original post by hira.naz
does anyone have any advice on how to make AS stuff up to a-level standard. I'm currently planning an essay on "the cause of disease in humans" and I am gonna talk about cancer and epigenetics but I also wanna talk about the immune response and cardiovascular disorders but obviously they're both AS stuff and you get higher marks by 'developing things to a-level standard' but idk how to do that with AS stuff. Any help would be really appreciated :')

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending