The Student Room Group

I'm Boreddddd :(

GCSEs were done yesterday and it's a beautiful day but all my friends are on holiday and out of the country for the week or so. I'm so bored and I feel like I've watched every Netflix show two times over.
Any ideas to cure my boredom? Thanks in advance. 💖
Original post by Humairah2003
GCSEs were done yesterday and it's a beautiful day but all my friends are on holiday and out of the country for the week or so. I'm so bored and I feel like I've watched every Netflix show two times over.

sameeee mine are over on monday but im bored affff
Ahh really? I'm glad I'm not the only one but at the same time I wish we both had plans haha. I kinda want to ask my parents if I can just go to somewhere like Oxford Street or Harrods to browse but that's normally the kind of stuff you do with friends, which I'm lacking at the moment. :frown:
aww i remember when my gcses were over last year and i had sooo much free time, if you're bored why dont you pamper yourself maybe? do your nails etc. or read a book, draw or go online window shopping hahaha
Reply 4
There are so many things you could do. Go out and explore, take up a new hobby, volunteer, do something nice for yourself or someone you care about, etc. The possibilities are endless.
There's quite a lot of this around at the moment, and I am feeling it also. I have also just finished my GCSEs, and yeah now there is no revision to do, there is a massive hole in my life. I don;t know what to do, I probably try and think of something over the next week.
Literally do nothing. Enjoy the nothingness for the next 3 months. You’re gonna miss it when you have 0 free time for the next 2 years. 6th form gives you no free time at all
Original post by fish finger fan
There's quite a lot of this around at the moment, and I am feeling it also. I have also just finished my GCSEs, and yeah now there is no revision to do, there is a massive hole in my life. I don;t know what to do, I probably try and think of something over the next week.

Oh my gosh yess!! This is exactly what it feels like. A massive hole in my life that I now have to fill with a social life that I'm severely lacking haha.
Oh my gosh yess!! This is exactly what it feels like. A massive hole in my life that I now have to fill with a social life that I'm severely lacking haha.

Oh, you are lacking a social life too? Yeah that is another hole I have been meaning to fill for years lol.
(edited 4 years ago)
Oh, you are lacking a social life too? Yeah that is another hole I have been meaning to fill for years.

Haha I'm laughing out loud but crying inside lol. If you figure out a plan for what you're going to do in this week or the next, could you let me know? I've got next to no ideas on what to do. :smile:
Haha I'm laughing out loud but crying inside lol. If you figure out a plan for what you're going to do in this week or the next, could you let me know? I've got next to no ideas on what to do. :smile:

Yeah sure, let me know as well if you come up with anything. The only thing I've been able to think of, is one of those youtube videos that goes on for like hours and hours, and it's literally just the same noise on repeat. I'm at the point where I might actually try one of these.
Yeah sure, let me know as well if you come up with anything. The only thing I've been able to think of, is one of those youtube videos that goes on for like hours and hours, and it's literally just the same noise on repeat. I'm at the point where I might actually try one of these.

YouTube is a good time killer but I actually want to get out for a bit. There is a fair near my friends house that looks good but I don't know whether I should go alone. It's in a dodgy area and no one else would be free. Ahhh!! Making plans is so hard when no one is available haha. Best of luck to you and hopefully we both have great Summers. :smile:
YouTube is a good time killer but I actually want to get out for a bit. There is a fair near my friends house that looks good but I don't know whether I should go alone. It's in a dodgy area and no one else would be free. Ahhh!! Making plans is so hard when no one is available haha. Best of luck to you and hopefully we both have great Summers. :smile:

I'm actually thinking of just going out for a walk like old people do (no offence to elderly), not a walk with a purpose, just a walk around the local streets and park or something and them come back home. It is a way of getting out of the house.

Anyway, hope you have a great summer :smile:.
Awwww.
I'm in year 9 and I still have to revise, but I would be a little lost without my guide books tbh. Which is a bit sad at my age but oh well. 😱

It's so weird, when you revise you just wanna procrastinate but when you don't revise, you get really bored. 😟

Go to an ice rink. It may not seem fun without people, but I do skating as a hobby and you do eventually make friends. Especially if you do lessons.

If you are not sporty, go to the shops and lurk a little. I find pet stores fun because although I have a fear of certain animals, the rabbits and hamsters are the cutest things ever. 🙃🙃

Once again, I don't have this problem because I am either revising, out with friends or on holiday. 🤤 But good luck for the rest of the summer, enjoy it, relax and enjoy your GCSE results so that you can come back and work even harder. ❤🦄🥀🌹
Original post by MysticalUnicorn🦄
Awwww.
I'm in year 9 and I still have to revise, but I would be a little lost without my guide books tbh. Which is a bit sad at my age but oh well. 😱

It's so weird, when you revise you just wanna procrastinate but when you don't revise, you get really bored. 😟

Go to an ice rink. It may not seem fun without people, but I do skating as a hobby and you do eventually make friends. Especially if you do lessons.

If you are not sporty, go to the shops and lurk a little. I find pet stores fun because although I have a fear of certain animals, the rabbits and hamsters are the cutest things ever. 🙃🙃

Once again, I don't have this problem because I am either revising, out with friends or on holiday. 🤤 But good luck for the rest of the summer, enjoy it, relax and enjoy your GCSE results so that you can come back and work even harder. ❤🦄🥀🌹

Thank you!! :smile: The ice skating rink sounds fun even though I don't know how to skate. It might be interesting to pick up a new skill and maybe strike up a conversation with a few new people. Good luck on your revision and hopefully you do well on your exams too. 💖⚘
send toe noods to your're're dad
Any ideas to cure my boredom? Thanks in advance
lol same except i have 0 friends available for the whole summer and no holidays booked... fun times 😭
maybe u can learn something new that u have always wanted to do, as this is the last chance you have for that as we're gonna be so busy with A levels the next 2 years. personally im starting violin, learning a new language and preparing for maths A level lol
maybe you could also have a walk along the beach/seaside, its amazing in the summer to dip ur feet in 🙂 or find one of those 1hr boat rides, depending if theyre around u
Try and find a new hobby- I think that may prevent boredom and it may also be useuful in the future- you never know!

Thank you! I'm not so sure about the exams but hey ho! 🦄🥀🌹❤
Thank you!! :smile: The ice skating rink sounds fun even though I don't know how to skate. It might be interesting to pick up a new skill and maybe strike up a conversation with a few new people. Good luck on your revision and hopefully you do well on your exams too. 💖⚘

Do your driving test

Quick Reply

Latest