The Student Room Group

Anyone know about tv's, why is the picture quality better through amazon fire stick?

Ive bought an expensive LG TV assuming it would be better quality than my older LG TV. However some of the Freeview normal tv channels are blurry/poor picture quality. I though oh well I'm using the tv mainly for movies anyway so I logged into netflix (which I'm paying for a premium account which allows ultra hd). I put a few movies on and it takes a while to come on, as though connection is slow and the picture quality is awful : /. I tried watching netflix through my amazon fire stick (as I used for my last tv) and the quality is much better, however will it be any better than my old tv if its running through the amazon fire stick anyway?

Im just wondering what was the point in me buying a new tv? Why is the netflix so slow and the picture quality so poor when used the tv netflix app, yet it is much better through the amazon fire stick?
Original post by Anonymous
Ive bought an expensive LG TV assuming it would be better quality than my older LG TV. However some of the Freeview normal tv channels are blurry/poor picture quality. I though oh well I'm using the tv mainly for movies anyway so I logged into netflix (which I'm paying for a premium account which allows ultra hd). I put a few movies on and it takes a while to come on, as though connection is slow and the picture quality is awful : /. I tried watching netflix through my amazon fire stick (as I used for my last tv) and the quality is much better, however will it be any better than my old tv if its running through the amazon fire stick anyway?

Im just wondering what was the point in me buying a new tv? Why is the netflix so slow and the picture quality so poor when used the tv netflix app, yet it is much better through the amazon fire stick?

The TV might use a different WiFi frequency to what the fire stick uses
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
The TV might use a different WiFi frequency to what the fire stick uses

hm, is there a way to alter this
tv channels will look **** alot of the time.
as for netflix, it probably means that the inbuilt player is terrible and the one on amazon is better.
hm, is there a way to alter this

not if that's all the tv does
Reply 5
If I continue to play movies through amazon fire stick then (as I did with my old tv), will I not be getting any benefit from this new tv in terms of picture quality etc? I mean if the fire stick is determining the picture quality..well I was using the fire stick anyway to play movies on my old tv.
Reply 6

Check to see if an ethernet adapter is available for your TV to avoid slow connection.
The original signal was never broadcast in HD. I'm watching big bang right now on a fire stick. My TV is full HD and It looks like 4k. So it shows you how we are being ripped of

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending