The Student Room Group

Edexcel as maths P2 new spec 2019 18th June

Can anybody explain me how do u solve trig equations for different angle range ?
28D49F39-A541-46B0-A3C4-D5F0DBF24083.jpeg Such as these problems??? Any help is appreciated!
Draw the graph, include the significant angles. Then work out where 0.7 roughly goes through the line between the 80° and 440°. Then use the symmetry to work out the value(s). That probably doesn’t help , but just draw the graph and you may follow.
(edited 4 years ago)
if it does't trouble u much can u plss show how to work out the following above ? can u write it in a paper and show plzz ?
Original post by Maximus 190
Draw the graph, include the significant angles. Then work out where 0.7 roughly goes through the line between the 80° and 440°. Then use the symmetry to work out the value(s). That probably doesn’t help , but just draw the graph and you may follow.
Hope this helps a little,

I did the final question. I added 180° to the principal value of x = 70.97 as the tan function repeats every 180° so tan(x) = tan(x 180), until you get all of the values within the range given.
(edited 4 years ago)
thanks a lot dear ...
Original post by Maximus 190
Hope this helps a little,

I did the final question. I added 180° to the principal value of x = 70.97 as the tan function repeats every 180° so tan(x) = tan(x 180), until you get all of the values within the range given.
Original post by Alisia123456
thanks a lot dear ...

No problem. It may seem that drawing a graph for the values seems redundant, for tan yes as you just add 180° but for other functions it’s not so simple so drawing it out and looking at the symmetry can make it much easier.

Quick Reply

Latest