The Student Room Group

Reimbursement of Travelling expenses for study periods abroad

Dear Student Finance England,

I'm just writing to enquire as to how the 'reimbursement of travelling expenses for study periods abroad' form works as I am eligible to receive this grant. I will be studying out in North America for a full academic year.

My main query is do I keep a hold of all my receipts I can claim for and send it to SFE at the end of my academic year abroad, or can I send in claims that I have already paid the costs for?

For instance, I have already paid off all my visa fees and have booked my flights. Can I send in these now to to claim part of the costs back? Just wanted to clarify as it will give a representation of how to manage my cash flow on my year abroad.

I may try ringing on the phone lines tomorrow, I unfortunately just missed your opening times today.
Original post by ThinkWorking
Dear Student Finance England,

I'm just writing to enquire as to how the 'reimbursement of travelling expenses for study periods abroad' form works as I am eligible to receive this grant. I will be studying out in North America for a full academic year.

My main query is do I keep a hold of all my receipts I can claim for and send it to SFE at the end of my academic year abroad, or can I send in claims that I have already paid the costs for?

For instance, I have already paid off all my visa fees and have booked my flights. Can I send in these now to to claim part of the costs back? Just wanted to clarify as it will give a representation of how to manage my cash flow on my year abroad.

I may try ringing on the phone lines tomorrow, I unfortunately just missed your opening times today.

Hi @ThinkWorking,

It's completely up to you how you wish to do it. You can either wait until you have all your receipts and send everything in together or you can send multiple claims during the academic year.

Regards, Aisha
Original post by Aisha SFE
Hi @ThinkWorking,

It's completely up to you how you wish to do it. You can either wait until you have all your receipts and send everything in together or you can send multiple claims during the academic year.

Regards, Aisha

Hi Aisha,

Apologies for the further queries, but am I able to send the claims for my flight now or do I have to wait for the actual academic year to start (21st August-May for me)?. Also, do you know how long it takes to have claims verified and how does it get paid into my account - does it just get added to one of the loan installments?
Original post by ThinkWorking
Hi Aisha,

Apologies for the further queries, but am I able to send the claims for my flight now or do I have to wait for the actual academic year to start (21st August-May for me)?. Also, do you know how long it takes to have claims verified and how does it get paid into my account - does it just get added to one of the loan installments?

Hi there,

You can make claims before the academic year starts as long as we have received confirmation of your study abroad period, and you have been deemed eligible for the Travel Grant.

It is currently taking the Travel Grant team 7 working days to review claim forms, however these timescales can change on a daily basis. Once reviewed and if we have appropriate evidence, you will be issued a letter breaking down your entitlement and your Travel Grant will be paid to you.

Thanks, Ashley.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending