The Student Room Group

Habitual liar, lazy con artist and sex pest about to be made PM

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by fallen_acorns
hes doing well with the public, at least from what I see online.. but he is way way behind in terms of MPs, his challenge isn't beating boris, its getting past the other non-boris candidates to even get the chance to battle boris.

Alas, in terms of that he's well and truly buggered though.
Original post by Zappluger
I swear every time I hear about somebody being elected they're always described negatively. Are people just generally conflicted or is the entirety of parliament an actual circus?

Yes.
Look closely. Boris is the only candidate with enough popularity and backbone to help the Tories survive and repair the damage the incompetent Theresa did. Nobody else is good enough to lead them during a time of crisis like this. May I add, while Boris is bumbling and bouncing around on the outside, he is very much an intelligent, calculating individual.
No body can answer my question then? Just making things up about people you don't agree with/like/trust is not healthy and could be libellous.

I'm surprised TSR has not removed this thread
Original post by nulli tertius
Yes but he did win the Great War :tongue:

Awaiting Boris's post-election firesale of peerages.
Original post by Muppetress
Look closely. Boris is the only candidate with enough popularity and backbone to help the Tories survive and repair the damage the incompetent Theresa did. Nobody else is good enough to lead them during a time of crisis like this. May I add, while Boris is bumbling and bouncing around on the outside, he is very much an intelligent, calculating individual.

So it's a handover from Incompetent Theresa to Super-competent Boris? :toofunny:
Yes Boris can be funny and has a chaotic personal life, but he delivers on things and will not budge in negotiations with the EU. Theresa was by all accounts a disaster, and I hope you have the sense to see that.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
So it's a handover from Incompetent Theresa to Super-competent Boris? :toofunny:
Original post by fallen_acorns
He's the dark horse in this one, but if he keeps up his path he will be a favourite in the next. That will be the temptation for him, is it best to give in this time and fall behind one of the other non-boris candidates under the promise of a top cabinet position, and then build his recognition until he is ready to challenge again next time.

I do think he's shown a huge amount of potential in a non Brexit political landscape

I worry that if he doesn't make it this time, by the time of the next challenge he will be 'yesterday's' news sort of how Boris is now; everyone knows him and what he's about with nothing that new to him.

I think if Rory Stewart scrapes through by getting enough MP's to back him, he could really challenge Boris when it comes to getting the votes of the Conservative membership.

Nobody else? I bet Rory Stewart could rival Boris in everything you just said.
Stewart would make a decent PM in regular circumstances. However, not only does he have little support from his own party, he is basically Theresa May 2.0 in terms of Brexit, and is not fit to fix the mess May's gov't did.
Original post by Cass911
Nobody else? I bet Rory Stewart could rival Boris in everything you just said.
Original post by Burton Bridge
No body can answer my question then? Just making things up about people you don't agree with/like/trust is not healthy and could be libellous.

I'm surprised TSR has not removed this thread

Most people would put a man who deceives his wife repeatedly and cheats on her as fundamentally untrustworthy. If you feel its broken community rules then you need to reprot the person to the mods.
Yes Boris can be funny and has a chaotic personal life, but he delivers on things and will not budge in negotiations with the EU. Theresa was by all accounts a disaster, and I hope you have the sense to see that.

Why do you think there will be negotiations. I agree with Rory Stewart on that point as the only person honest enough to admit there will be no new negotiations of any substance between now and October. We are heading for no deal and no transition deal, which is going to hurt a lot of businesses.

What does Boris deliver on?
Original post by 999tigger
Most people would put a man who deceives his wife repeatedly and cheats on her as fundamentally untrustworthy. If you feel its broken community rules then you need to reprot the person to the mods.

That does not mean that he is a sex pest or lazy, I don't think it's broke community rulesbut certainly is libellous. In particular when the OP won't explain, it's close to slander!
certainly is libellous.

:hahaha: go tell Boris
Stewart would make a decent PM in regular circumstances. However, not only does he have little support from his own party, he is basically Theresa May 2.0 in terms of Brexit, and is not fit to fix the mess May's gov't did.

He does struggle to be the only halfway decent Tory, doesn’t he. Unfortunately, with a Tory membership stuffed with kippers, ageing white racists and morons who believe every word the Telegraph and the Mail pump at them, his chances of winning the day with intelligent policies must be pretty limited.
but he delivers on things

How’s London Garden Bridge coming along?

will not budge in negotiations with the EU

He refused to participate in a debate last night and is avoiding journalists in case they ask him challenging questions. Hardly the characteristics of an indomitable statesman.

Theresa was by all accounts a disaster, and I hope you have the sense to see that.

That everyone can agree upon. Unfortunately it was the same bunch of clowns that thought May was the best person to lead the country that will now anoint Johnson.
That does not mean that he is a sex pest or lazy, I don't think it's broke community rulesbut certainly is libellous. In particular when the OP won't explain, it's close to slander!

So you agree he is an habitual liar?
I think lazy is a fair shout as he couldnt be arsed to appear on the debate last night so people could understand what his views were or that he was able to answer questions when compared to his critics.

You should take up the sex pest aspect with the OP or the mods.

You do understand what slander is?
Reply 77

Did you seriously just try and contend that a serial philanderer or who had yet to do the most basic elements of his job is neither a sex pest nor a shiftless layabout? The man who humiliated Britain as a minister and did absolutely nothing as an MP or a Mayor?

Also, make you your mind if its libel or slander. It can only be one in this instance dear. Here's a hint, it positively cannot be slander..

Look at the real record of Mr Johnson as London Mayor and then the records of Michael Gove or Jeremy Hunt and then tell me one good reason to pick Mr Johnson. Immorality is not a chaotic private life and neither is treating women like something disposable. The DUP will not be willing to work with him and so nothing he proposes will get through Parliament.
Original post by 999tigger
So you agree he is an habitual liar?
I think lazy is a fair shout as he couldnt be arsed to appear on the debate last night so people could understand what his views were or that he was able to answer questions when compared to his critics.

You should take up the sex pest aspect with the OP or the mods.

You do understand what slander is?

I think I might have touched a nerve with this?

I clearly have asked the question to the OP regards the sex pest issue, why you tell me to do what I clearly already have is bizarre? My question to the OP was ignored... Funny that eh, can't think why?

Making a false statement damaging to a person's reputation is slander by definition, what do you think slander means?

Tigger you intervened in the argument, why? So therefore I stick to my original thoughts. Cannot just randomly make things up about somebody and thus I am amazed that TSR has not removed this thread.

Thank you for your personal interpretation as too why Boris is Lazy, however this thread predates you're example, also I would argue that your example is not an example of a lazy person, it's more like an example of somebody who's playing a political game!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending