The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Modern Foreign Language Applicants

Hello! I thought I'd create a thread to try and find some people who will be starting language or joint honour language courses in September 2019 at Edinburgh.

I will be studying French and English Literature. :smile:
I'm hopefully doing French and English lit too! Currently looking at accommodation ...
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Ahh cool. I’ve already submitted my accommodation application. Where are you thinking about staying? I chose a John Burnett House, Chancellors Court and Holland House, all at Pollock Halls 😊
Not sure yet, definitely self catered though, so not any of those ahah
Original post by jakewatson1404
Ahh cool. I’ve already submitted my accommodation application. Where are you thinking about staying? I chose a John Burnett House, Chancellors Court and Holland House, all at Pollock Halls 😊
Reply 4
Hello! I am going to study Scottish Literature (which shares lectures with English Literature) in September 2019! And I am staying at Chancellor's Court:smile:
Hey! I'm going to study Celtic & Linguistics ! Waiting for an accomodation offer...
Reply 6
I am going to study Linguistics too!
Original post by GleekingGeek
Hey! I'm going to study Celtic & Linguistics ! Waiting for an accomodation offer...
Awesome! And Scottish lit sounds really cool too. Any idea what you d like to do with that degree?
Original post by lily_iv
I am going to study Linguistics too!
Reply 8
I am going to study a mix of linguistics, literature and scottish culture, as I am an Erasmus student, and those courses are the most similar to what I am studying - it is called English Studies. And I can be an English teacher, or work as a researcher, or editor... There are plenty of possibilities!! And you? what are your plans?
Awesome! And Scottish lit sounds really cool too. Any idea what you d like to do with that degree?
I'd like to go into academics and eventually become a lecturer. I also want to be active in the revival of Celtic languages.
Original post by lily_iv
I am going to study a mix of linguistics, literature and scottish culture, as I am an Erasmus student, and those courses are the most similar to what I am studying - it is called English Studies. And I can be an English teacher, or work as a researcher, or editor... There are plenty of possibilities!! And you? what are your plans?
Reply 10
That is soooo cool!!! :smile:
I'd like to go into academics and eventually become a lecturer. I also want to be active in the revival of Celtic languages.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending