The Student Room Group

Are these league tables a prank?

Nottingham Trent, University for the Creative Arts, Coventry, Lincoln and Portsmouth are ranked above UCL????
https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2019/jun/07/university-league-tables-2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Nottingham Trent, University for the Creative Arts, Coventry, Lincoln and Portsmouth are ranked above UCL????
https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2019/jun/07/university-league-tables-2020

Clearly. How can they even be above Sheffield, Manchester, Bristol, and Nottingham. Guardian league tables have always been crap, but others not so much.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Students like the parties better in those places I guess.

yes the methodology if fundamentally flawed, not just the guardian but also CUG and therefore also the times table of tables' thing.

These rankings are produced purely to make money and publicity not to be an accurate representation. Its kind of good example of the media industry as a whole. Using Trumps phrase FaKe NeWs!
Reply 4

Why do you care?
Reply 5
Original post by IWMTom
Why do you care?

I shouldn't care that these league tables will mislead people?
Reply 6
I shouldn't care that these league tables will mislead people?

You shouldn't care about league tables at all.
Reply 7
Original post by IWMTom
You shouldn't care about league tables at all.

And what about the people that take them seriously?
Reply 8
And what about the people that take them seriously?

They've got no lives.
League tables dont matter. Employer's perception matters more.

QMUL is 86th, but an employer would prefer you if you went to QMUL over nottingham trent which is high since QMUL is prestigious
Reply 10
League tables you should take with a grain of salt, but Guardian league tables you should completely ignore them.
Original post by alexvicar
League tables dont matter. Employer's perception matters more.

QMUL is 86th, but an employer would prefer you if you went to QMUL over nottingham trent which is high since QMUL is prestigious

QMUL is not prestigious, its a very average Uni, although i do agree with your point but this is a bad example.

Better examples are UCL, LSE, Nottingham, Bristol
lol yeah they must be. portsmouth > UCL? LOL
ye mate its clive here.
lol yeah they must be. portsmouth > UCL? LOL
Manchester is 40, Sheffield is 45, KCL is 63 and QMUL is 83. An absolute joke and completely misleading. All these Universities rank highly for research and employability, and offer some of the best courses and teaching. But yeah go Uni of Creative Arts or LSB because the Guardian say they are great XD.
QMUL is not prestigious, its a very average Uni, although i do agree with your point but this is a bad example.

Better examples are UCL, LSE, Nottingham, Bristol

Well actually QMUL ranks consistently high for research, has one of the best law schools in the country. The St Barts school is one of the best in the country for medicine and dentistry. But yeah I guess its pretty average because you said so and deserves to be ranked behind South Bank lol.
Reply 16
League. Tables. Do. Not. Matter.

Don't do a stupid degree and you'll get a decent job - if you do fine art or music studies, expect to work at Maccies.

Applies to all uni's.
Well actually QMUL ranks consistently high for research, has one of the best law schools in the country. The St Barts school is one of the best in the country for medicine and dentistry. But yeah I guess its pretty average because you said so and deserves to be ranked behind South Bank lol.

not saying its a bad Uni, yes has decent research, but its not top tier academically or in research...
Reply 18
People still care about league tables in 2019? LUL.
Original post by IWMTom
League. Tables. Do. Not. Matter.

Says the person that went to Teeside. Bro just calm down

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending