The Student Room Group

GCSE German Writing exam

What's everybody doing to prepare for tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

reading my speaking exam, and reading through complex sentences and my cgp book, how about you?
Original post by Coolkitkat23
reading my speaking exam, and reading through complex sentences and my cgp book, how about you?

Think I might write down notes for essay plans, just making sure I know key vocab and arguments I could talk about for each subject :smile:
dont even know how to revise german
Original post by abbymorton101
dont even know how to revise german

Same, probs why it's one of my worst subjects - memrise and quizlet for vocab bores me a bit, but I need to revise for writing somehow to make up for all the other papers
same litro i found reading and listening so hard and my speaking went shockingly bad so now i need to redeem myself

Original post by drystar
Same, probs why it's one of my worst subjects - memrise and quizlet for vocab bores me a bit, but I need to revise for writing somehow to make up for all the other papers
Nothing. I can't beat that exam.
Original post by birdnerd
Nothing. I can't beat that exam.

Ha I actually can't wait to get German over and done with. Feel like it's one of those subjects that if you're not naturally good at, you're kinda screwed, because it's a weird one to study for.
same litro i found reading and listening so hard and my speaking went shockingly bad so now i need to redeem myself

I think writing's probs my strongest exam, and I find the speaking exam hard to judge score-wise cause it all seems like a blur
speaking is acc the worst , thing is you think you know everything then when you get into the exam it all goes

Original post by drystar
I think writing's probs my strongest exam, and I find the speaking exam hard to judge score-wise cause it all seems like a blur
speaking is acc the worst , thing is you think you know everything then when you get into the exam it all goes

Exactly, especially when your teacher throws all weird questions at you, felt like I just repeated myself for every question

See I’m really weird and love the speaking, there is something so satisfying about being able to have a conversation in the language. Also I hate the writing because I cannot do grammar to save my life I’m a bit concerned about tomorrow ngl
Original post by RiaWombat
See I’m really weird and love the speaking, there is something so satisfying about being able to have a conversation in the language. Also I hate the writing because I cannot do grammar to save my life I’m a bit concerned about tomorrow ngl

I'm okay with half of the grammar, and hoping my little mistakes won't cost me too many marks! I think most of the marks come from content, so as long as you use all of the tenses correctly and write about the bullet points, I think it'll be alright!
I’m hopefully ok at it. I mean I tried to revise but I feel like GCSEs are over, so not done much
yeah same :frown: i havent started till now
Original post by ThunderBeard
I’m hopefully ok at it. I mean I tried to revise but I feel like GCSEs are over, so not done much
I'm just going to learn my speaking questions and doing some grammar exercises from the CGP workbook
I’ll read over my speaking questions or something to do with vocabulary
yeah same :frown: i havent started till now
same thing and im predicted an 8 lol
I’ll read over my speaking questions or something to do with vocabulary
Ya, here too
same thing and im predicted an 8 lol
we can do it! :smile:
Ya, here too