The Student Room Group

GSPU Cyber Security Apprenticeship

Scroll to see replies

Omg no way I thought you would have made it!! Thats so unlucky omg I haven’t heard anything back yet but I hope mine isnt the same:frown:
Original post by Drew123
Well i just got the email saying i didn't make the assessment centre 😭. Anyone else have any luck?
Reply 41
They said they had a spot at West Cumbria but the ac is on Thursday so i wouldn't have had time to prepare travel arrangements etc and you have to prepare a presentation. But they're yet to start shortlisting for Milton Keynes so they're putting me on that list.
I said to them that i could only make it to the manchester one cause its the easiest for me
Original post by Drew123
They said they had a spot at West Cumbria but the ac is on Thursday so i wouldn't have had time to prepare travel arrangements etc and you have to prepare a presentation. But they're yet to start shortlisting for Milton Keynes so they're putting me on that list.
Reply 43
Well i hope you get it! I was looking at the training centre (energus workington) in Cumbria and they have a pretty cool cyberlab so kinda regretting turning that one down now lol
Tbh I’ve applied for other apprenticeships aswell and now I hope I actually get into this one cause then i dont want to get my hopes up and turn the others down and then not get into this one its tough
Reply 45
Did you get through to the ac?
Yes I did omg I totally forgot to write it on this group, they’ve asked me to do a presentation on the biggest risks right now in cyber security
Original post by Drew123
Did you get through to the ac?
Reply 47
That's cool. Hope you get the job!
I wish you the best of luck for yourself too!!
Original post by Drew123
That's cool. Hope you get the job!
Original post by Lollipop2000
Yes I did omg I totally forgot to write it on this group, they’ve asked me to do a presentation on the biggest risks right now in cyber security

I had to do this for my one, I applied for the same apprenticeship but in London. I had the assessment centre just over 2 weeks ago now, where they said we would receive an e-mail within 2 weeks to say if we got it or not, but still not heard anything so can only assume I probably haven't gotten it and they forget to e-mail or they're a bit behind?? Anyone else apply for the London one and not heard back orrr???
I hope you get it! I’ve noticed they can be slow sometimes to get back to you :frown: what else happened on the AC Day besides the presentation? Was it group activities? Also what sorts of questions were asked I’m really nervous lol
Original post by langleyhebe
I had to do this for my one, I applied for the same apprenticeship but in London. I had the assessment centre just over 2 weeks ago now, where they said we would receive an e-mail within 2 weeks to say if we got it or not, but still not heard anything so can only assume I probably haven't gotten it and they forget to e-mail or they're a bit behind?? Anyone else apply for the London one and not heard back orrr???
There was three sections: interview, presentation and a group activity (in a random order).

Soo the interview they’ll ask you some questions (I’m so sorry that I don’t remember specific ones) but I think they’re just looking for examples of where you’ve used certain skills like problem solving. And thennn for the group activity, we got partnered up (didn’t have to choose who, they did that) and everyones activity was to choose the top 10 attributes of an apprentice.

Overall it’s quite chilled and they give you water and some cookies, for a lot of it they sorta let you talk in the main room and there’s an introduction bit where they asked what your greatest achievement was in the last 6 months and such!! Good luck, there’s nothing to really be nervous about, the people at my AC were great!!
That doesn’t seem too bad thats okay I hope mines the same and goes well!! It sounded so intimidating on the email so I was getting really worried ahahahah thanks alot for your help!!! Also what threats did you put down in your presentation?
There was three sections: interview, presentation and a group activity (in a random order).

Soo the interview they’ll ask you some questions (I’m so sorry that I don’t remember specific ones) but I think they’re just looking for examples of where you’ve used certain skills like problem solving. And thennn for the group activity, we got partnered up (didn’t have to choose who, they did that) and everyones activity was to choose the top 10 attributes of an apprentice.

Overall it’s quite chilled and they give you water and some cookies, for a lot of it they sorta let you talk in the main room and there’s an introduction bit where they asked what your greatest achievement was in the last 6 months and such!! Good luck, there’s nothing to really be nervous about, the people at my AC were great!!
(edited 4 years ago)
There’s different ways you can do the presentation, by either looking at a general threat like a certain group of people or a more specific threat about a specific technology. I mean like I’m not actually sure if that’s true or not but there were a lot of different answers when we asked each other about the presenations at my AC, so I really don’t have an answer about the right way to do it :confused:
Original post by Lollipop2000
That doesn’t seem too bad thats okay I hope mines the same and goes well!! It sounded so intimidating on the email so I was getting really worried ahahahah thanks alot for your help!!! Also what threats did you put down in your presentation?
I’ve written about 3 threats and then going to talk about them in detail they’re threats about groups but then also about technologies
There’s different ways you can do the presentation, by either looking at a general threat like a certain group of people or a more specific threat about a specific technology. I mean like I’m not actually sure if that’s true or not but there were a lot of different answers when we asked each other about the presenations at my AC, so I really don’t have an answer about the right way to do it :confused:
Reply 55
How did you do at the ac? I just got through to the ac at Milton Keynes so need some tips
Hey it was actually quite chilled out, first i did the interview and they ask you strength based questions like giving examples of when you’ve used skills things like that, then I had to do a paired task and work with my partner to pick 10 skills that you look for in an apprentice and then I did the presentation task that I was asked to prepare before hand. Overall it wasn’t as stressful as I thought it would have been
Original post by Drew123
How did you do at the ac? I just got through to the ac at Milton Keynes so need some tips
Reply 57
How did you deliver your presentation? Do they have a smart board or something you can use?
I took my laptop and displayed it on there
Original post by Drew123
How did you deliver your presentation? Do they have a smart board or something you can use?
Reply 59
Alight thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending