The Student Room Group

Debate on euthanasia

What are your views on euthanasia?
Do you believe it’s right to support someone Who wants to die willingly ?
Reply 1
No because only God is able to give and take life. Euthanasia is also not legal in the UK.
Reply 2
Yes, because if you were paralysed or otherwise trapped in your body with no way out and they kept keeping you alive with machines, you’d probably break or go insane.
You should have the right to your own life and if you don’t want that life, it’s yours to end. If you need help ending it because your physically incapable and can’t, then there should be a way to facilitate that.
We put animals down when they are suffering, we owe humans that respect too.
Original post by Adamhere
No because only God is able to give and take life. Euthanasia is also not legal in the UK.

What counts as an act of God? If someone gets sick should we try to help them or is that playing God? Should we just wait and see if God cures them himself?
Original post by Adamhere

Not really. You just have an injection. God is neither hear nor there apart from in the minds of those who choose to believe.

I would hope I could choose my death if I wanted to. In a liberal society why should that right be denied?
Reply 5
Original post by ByEeek
Not really. You just have an injection. God is neither hear nor there apart from in the minds of those who choose to believe.

I would hope I could choose my death if I wanted to. In a liberal society why should that right be denied?

It’s illegal in the uk. Stay legal!
Original post by aisha47643337
What are your views on euthanasia?
Do you believe it’s right to support someone Who wants to die willingly ?

In general, if someone wants to be euthanized they should be allowed to.

If someone is over the age of 18, or 21, or let's say 25, it's a no brainer. Their decision should be respected. If someone has thought about it for years and come to a logical conclusion that they want to end their life, that should be respected.

Pain is not just physical. Pain can be mental. Wanting to be euthanized may not even come down to pain, it may come down to making a logical conclusion that your impact on the world is not worth being alive for.

In short, yes, it should be a human right. None of us asked to be here, and this world is a terrible place for some unlucky people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending