The Student Room Group

Vatican issues guidance questioning modern 'gender identity'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jebedee
Having a family unit to take the burden of the children so the man could work without disruption, is how the nuclear family drove economic development. Can you think of a culture that thrived without it? There's a reason why in the modern era, the default of all thriving cultures that survived to this day have a basic default of the nuclear family.

Cultures that promoted overt sexuality, such as the romans, didn't make it.

Spot on. Couldn't have put it better myself. It's not:

- Corruption
- Political instability
- Economic decline
- War
- Famine
- Natural disasters
- Ethnic/religious conflict
- Disease

or any of the other common 'civilisation destroying' things that could exist. No, iT's tHe gAyS.
Original post by Jebedee
Overt sexually = not enough children

Not enough children = increased liberalism

Increased liberalism = weakened in-group and a lack of desire to defend their group

Do tell, saviour of culture and saviour of Britain, how must we protect ourselves from the gays? How can we protect ourselves from the coming collapse of our great civilisation!?
Reply 62
Original post by SHallowvale

- Corruption
- Political instability
- Economic decline
- War
- Famine
- Natural disasters
- Disease

or any of the other common 'civilisation destroying' things that could exist. No, iT's tHe gAyS.

Do tell, saviour of culture and saviour of Britain, how must we protect ourselves from the gays? How can we protect ourselves from the coming collapse of our great civilisation!?

PRSOM

:laugh:

<3
Reply 63
Original post by Jebedee
Overt sexually = not enough children

Not enough children = increased liberalism

Increased liberalism = weakened in-group and a lack of desire to defend their group

Your grasp of basic ancient history is making me sad. Although perhaps its a damning indictment of right-wing educational standards that they think one of the greatest empires on earth fell because they were 'overly sexual'. All i can say is go read the works by Gibbon on the matter. The preeminent historian of our time on this subject might be able to correct your err intriguing assumptions.
Original post by Napp
Your grasp of basic ancient history is making me sad. Although perhaps its a damning indictment of right-wing educational standards that they think one of the greatest empires on earth fell because they were 'overly sexual'. All i can say is go read the works by Gibbon on the matter. The preeminent historian of our time on this subject might be able to correct your err intriguing assumptions.

Don't feed the alt-right troll.
Reply 65
Original post by LiberOfLondon
Don't feed the alt-right troll.

It's like being at the petting zoo, you just cant help yourself..

- Corruption
- Political instability
- Economic decline
- War
- Famine
- Natural disasters
- Disease

Did I mention gays? Or is that your idea of overt sexuality? And you call me the bigot...
Original post by Jebedee
Did I mention gays? Or is that your idea of overt sexuality? And you call me the bigot...

Do tell then...?
Reply 68

Surgical mask and those nice swimming goggles. I hear tell they enter through the eyes and nose...
Original post by Napp
Surgical mask and those nice swimming goggles. I hear tell they enter through the eyes and nose...

Really? I thought a pentagram and 7 small cats protected your civilisation from anything.
Reply 70
Really? I thought a pentagram and 7 small cats protected your civilisation from anything.

Well I’m personally quite a fan of cats so I can go with that.
Although I have no idea what you’re referencing I’m afraid
Reply 71
Original post by Napp
Now this is going to get some people knickers in a twist i'm sure :lol:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48584892

No.Just looking forward to them releasing guidance on how to avoid being exploited by catholic priests!
Reply 72
Original post by mgi
No.Just looking forward to them releasing guidance on how to avoid being exploited by catholic priests!

Something along the lines of it being 'Gods will' springs to mind.
Original post by mgi

Here we go again. Are you incapable of talking about the Church without mentioning the fact that some priests (who have been excommunicated or put on a bread and water penance, which is the next serious thing) abused children?
Reply 74
Here we go again. Are you incapable of talking about the Church without mentioning the fact that some priests (who have been excommunicated or put on a bread and water penance, which is the next serious thing) abused children?

Yes. Widespread failures and cover ups regarding abuse by Christian hypocrites is always to be remembered. "Bread and water penance ,the next serious thing" so that resolves it and compensates the victims does it? Wow! I would have the whole lot of them up ,including the Pope, for public prosecution. They can do excommunication and penance later. Hypocrites!
Breaking news vatican actually do a good thing
Original post by mgi

That's already been issued in the UK. Lord Nolan who devised the principles of public life was involved. The other thing that has changed in the Catholic Church in the UK at least is that many priests are married (men who moved from the Church of England). We had a married priest for about ten years in my parish- strange at first to hear him mention his children in sermons on a few occasions though.
Reply 77
Original post by AperfectBalance
Breaking news vatican actually do a good thing

I know that you are only joking. lol.
Original post by mgi
I know that you are only joking. lol.

No, its one of the few sensible things they have done in a long while
Reply 79
Original post by AperfectBalance
No, its one of the few sensible things they have done in a long while

Remind me- what was this "good thing" that they did?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending