The Student Room Group

BTS vs BLACKPINK

Who do you guys think is more talented and famous. I think BTS but black pink have a lot more views...

Scroll to see replies

I choose option c - none of them :u:

Spoiler

Reply 2
neither
BTS

Imo blackpink are overrated ngl
views don’t determine talent.
they are both talented in different ways, but I’d say bts has more experience than bp but both groups are pretty incredible
BTS for me ^-^ I like black pink as well but ... BTS :smile:
blackpink wins, sorry kids
Reply 7
BTS
Blackpink
Reply 9
I feel like they are overhyped, not overrated..but YG is srsly out of his mind when it comes to managing the girls
Original post by Chemist123
BTS

Imo blackpink are overrated ngl
That's just my opinion. I just feel like BTS has way more meaningful songs maybe that is why I like them more. Although they both do work hard BTS got me into Kpop so I am bts4life.
Original post by rforlife3451
I feel like they are overhyped, not overrated..but YG is srsly out of his mind when it comes to managing the girls
He stepped down as CEO u know......
Who cares? They're both hardworking idol groups who make good music and are enjoying a rewarding lifestyle. There's no need to compare their music so these type of questions shouldn't be asked and the views both groups get are well-deserved.
I don't know why this thread even exists but ok. I mean, I'm not a fan of either but surely it's obvious that BTS is more famous.

But then talent? Well that's kind of subjective, and people don't tend to compare boy groups with girl groups in this regard anyways. If you want my honest opinion, BTS is an older group and so they have more experience and would presumably be more talented, for example their main vocal is probably a bit better. And this isn't meant to be sexist but boy groups usually have more complex choreographies than girl groups. On the other hand, and this may just be because they're a smaller group, but each member has a specific role that they carry out - there's no one who's "just a sub-vocal". Blackpink feels more like a well rounded team than a group that gets dominated by a few members (not naming anyone).

It's honestly sort of an awkward question. Personally, I almost only exclusively listen to girl groups (so if you asked me I could actually list some Blackpink songs, but I couldn't for BTS as I hardly listen to them), but I don't get why these two groups would be pitted against each other like this by fans, they're so different.
They both have amazing songs, I’m more of a BTS fan to be completely honest. However, that’s just my taste in k-pop groups, ranking different k-pop groups I feel is a little wrong. This is because, some groups are better at different things. We should just accept all k-pop groups as who they are rather than just the popularity. Just a thought. 💜
I felt from my part, that it was completely rational to ask this question, BTS and Blackpink are the two most famous k-pop groups in the game right now, obviously, you are going to compare them. As much as people say, 'oh, don't compare them they are different', of course, you are going to. People can compare Ariana Grande and Drake when they are of completely different genre and styles. I was just curious what people thought and why, especially about the talent part. It doesn't hurt to ask something I am curious about. There literally mostly no fan wars between these groups so my intention was not to trigger the fandoms either. Yes, they are different in their own ways, but why does it seem like you are a triggered blink?
Original post by randomsheep11
I don't know why this thread even exists but ok. I mean, I'm not a fan of either but surely it's obvious that BTS is more famous.

But then talent? Well that's kind of subjective, and people don't tend to compare boy groups with girl groups in this regard anyways. If you want my honest opinion, BTS is an older group and so they have more experience and would presumably be more talented, for example their main vocal is probably a bit better. And this isn't meant to be sexist but boy groups usually have more complex choreographies than girl groups. On the other hand, and this may just be because they're a smaller group, but each member has a specific role that they carry out - there's no one who's "just a sub-vocal". Blackpink feels more like a well rounded team than a group that gets dominated by a few members (not naming anyone).

It's honestly sort of an awkward question. Personally, I almost only exclusively listen to girl groups (so if you asked me I could actually list some Blackpink songs, but I couldn't for BTS as I hardly listen to them), but I don't get why these two groups would be pitted against each other like this by fans, they're so different.
BTS
Who do you guys think is more talented and famous. I think BTS but black pink have a lot more views...
Blackpink , i’m just judging by the songs. i like 3 songs from blackpink and 0 from bts
I felt from my part, that it was completely rational to ask this question, BTS and Blackpink are the two most famous k-pop groups in the game right now, obviously, you are going to compare them. As much as people say, 'oh, don't compare them they are different', of course, you are going to. People can compare Ariana Grande and Drake when they are of completely different genre and styles. I was just curious what people thought and why, especially about the talent part. It doesn't hurt to ask something I am curious about. There literally mostly no fan wars between these groups so my intention was not to trigger the fandoms either. Yes, they are different in their own ways, but why does it seem like you are a triggered blink?

I'm rather confused as to why you make such assumptions about myself when I clearly stated I don't exactly stan either group, and I complimented both groups equally. But whatever. Guessing you're an Army who didn't like what I had to say or...?
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
I choose option c - none of them :u:

Spoiler

Hey Grootie :jumphug:

How are you ? I'm back :bawling: :heart:

Btw nah, both are talented and popular, you
just prefer Western music over K-pop, and it's okay ! :suith:

Quick Reply

Latest