The Student Room Group

Post a random inspirational quote!

Anything you feel is inspirational and can bring a smile to anyone's face...

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

I'll go first:

"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add colour to my sunset sky" - Rabindranath Tagore

Rep will be given to the user that can reply and state the two famous anthems that Mr Tagore wrote...

95E3A293-0350-4EEE-9E68-2606BF9F72B3.jpeg 2EB0BC58-F088-4447-AD0F-E4567B8C8A98.jpeg
What are your favourite quotes?... :smile:
“Yesterday is history,
tomorrow is a mystery,
and today is a gift...
that's why they call it present”
Master Oogway
“Inspirational quotes are as useful as the life guide books. All of them are ********.”
- Batter Mix
Is inspiration a myth?

Original post by batter mix
“Inspirational quotes are as useful as the life guide books. All of them are ********.”
- Batter Mix

Original post by OllyDaws
“Yesterday is history,
tomorrow is a mystery,
and today is a gift...
that's why they call it present”
Master Oogway

Original post by Wired_1800
All men must die!
Do or not do, there is no try.
When life gives you lemons...make a gin and tonic
Alcohol - because no great story ever began with a salad
"It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light." Aristotle...
Fate whispers to the warrior ''You cannot withstand the storm'' and the warrior whispers back ''I am the storm''.
Nothing will work if you don't.
"As now is the present, embrace it and treat it as a gift"-Me

Because I can't say anything without it being a pun
'You can throw me to the wolves. Tomorrow I'll come back. Leader of the whole pack.'
“Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.”
8848d06c725fcd6e0e9a7fb13c399acd.jpg
You think this is an inspirational quote? Wow!
Original post by PunjabiCookie
Anything you feel is inspirational and can bring a smile to anyone's face...

America’s economic achievements have led to staggering profits for stockholders. During the 20th century the Dow-Jones Industrials advanced from 66 to 11,497, a 17,320% capital gain that was materially boosted by steadily increasing dividends. The trend continues: By yearend 2016, the index had advanced a further 72%, to 19,763. American business and consequently a basket of stocks is virtually certain to be worth far more in the years ahead. Innovation, productivity gains, entrepreneurial spirit and an abundance of capital will see to that. Ever-present naysayers may prosper by marketing their gloomy forecasts. But heaven help them if they act on the nonsense they peddle. Many companies, of course, will fall behind, and some will fail. Winnowing of that sort is a product of market dynamism. Moreover, the years ahead will occasionally deliver major market declines even panics that will affect virtually all stocks. No one can tell you when these traumas will occur not me, not Charlie, not economists, not the media. Meg McConnell of the New York Fed aptly described the reality of panics: “We spend a lot of time looking for systemic risk; in truth, however, it tends to find us.” During such scary periods, you should never forget two things: First, widespread fear is your friend as an investor, because it serves up bargain purchases. Second, personal fear is your enemy. It will also be unwarranted. Investors who avoid high and unnecessary costs and simply sit for an extended period with a collection of large, conservatively-financed American businesses will almost certainly do well.

Warren Buffett
fe90c043465f8ce307f92de4335ae8cb.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest