The Student Room Group

NEA Geography Help!

I am starting my geography NEA and have no clue on what to do. I know I want to do human studies rather than physical. I can't do Human Deprivation as that topic has already been chosen, but maybe something around human inequalities, perceptions of place, tourism maybe? I am rather unsure on how to even collect primary data, as I live in quite a rural-urban place. Any help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.
Howdy :wink: I think Jaywick might be worth travelling to from Colwyn Bay for urban decay or human inequalities.
Reply 2
Original post by LydiaaaStudent
I am starting my geography NEA and have no clue on what to do. I know I want to do human studies rather than physical. I can't do Human Deprivation as that topic has already been chosen, but maybe something around human inequalities, perceptions of place, tourism maybe? I am rather unsure on how to even collect primary data, as I live in quite a rural-urban place. Any help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.

Start with the part of the spec you are interested in eg Regeneration. Pick an enquiry question you like the most, then work your way to refine your overall study. Ask help from teachers to see how easy or difficult your chosen question would be.
Primary data can include questionnaires, land use surveys, footfall surveys for an area, footfall surveys for a business, environmental studies, exterior quality of homes etc,

Msg me if you want anymore help
Original post by sunnyun
Start with the part of the spec you are interested in eg Regeneration. Pick an enquiry question you like the most, then work your way to refine your overall study. Ask help from teachers to see how easy or difficult your chosen question would be.
Primary data can include questionnaires, land use surveys, footfall surveys for an area, footfall surveys for a business, environmental studies, exterior quality of homes etc,

I'd have to disagree. :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by blacklungcwmteg
I'd have to disagree. :frown:

oh how comes? how did you decide your title?
wot?
Original post by sunnyun
oh how comes? how did you decide your title?
Reply 6
wot?

Which part of my answer do you disagree with
all of it, the lot! 3===D smh
Original post by sunnyun
Which part of my answer do you disagree with
Reply 8
umm...okay:shifty:
all of it, the lot! 3===D smh
Original post by sunnyun

Hi! Thanks a lot for this 😊
I've got to stress the importance of dividing your main enquiry title into sub-questions/hypotheses. Every statement from the exam boards notes how students are creating titles that are too broad in scope and haven't been refined, leading to unfocused work in the NEA with little form and structure.
Original post by Vanessa Rose 01
Hi! Thanks a lot for this 😊

who the frick are you????
Reply 12
Original post by naem071
I've got to stress the importance of dividing your main enquiry title into sub-questions/hypotheses. Every statement from the exam boards notes how students are creating titles that are too broad in scope and haven't been refined, leading to unfocused work in the NEA with little form and structure.

Is it appropriate to divide sub questions into socio-economic and environmental factors? I don't know if that's too broad

Quick Reply

Latest