The Student Room Group

SFE loan payments

Hi

Could someone please explain to me the loan payment schedule over the course of the academic year please as I’m trying to budget for September onwards?

Thanks
Original post by ReevesyTheGr8
Hi

Could someone please explain to me the loan payment schedule over the course of the academic year please as I’m trying to budget for September onwards?

Thanks

Your payment schedule is unique to you. Once your application is approved your schedule and amounts will be available on your account.
Hi,
Your payments will be scheduled over 3 instalments, normally September, January and April for a course that starts in September.
Once your application has been approved you will be able to view all payment amounts and dates on your online account.
Thanks
Gerard
Hi

Thanks
Hi again Gerard

If I qualify for a bursary is it still possible to apply for a maintenance loan?

Regards

Paul
Original post by Gerard SFE
Hi,
Your payments will be scheduled over 3 instalments, normally September, January and April for a course that starts in September.
Once your application has been approved you will be able to view all payment amounts and dates on your online account.
Thanks
Gerard
Hi again Gerard

If I qualify for a bursary is it still possible to apply for a maintenance loan?

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul, have you been awarded a Bursary from your university? If so you can still apply for the Maintenance Loan.

Regards, Aisha
I haven't yet but I do qualify so expect to be awarded. Thank you.
Original post by Aisha SFE
Hi Paul, have you been awarded a Bursary from your university? If so you can still apply for the Maintenance Loan.

Regards, Aisha
I haven't yet but I do qualify so expect to be awarded. Thank you.

You're welcome Paul.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.
I am having problems applying for a maintenance loan. I have already applied for a tuition fee loan but because I have already applied for this loan the website does not seem to allow me to apply for a maintenance loan.

Do you have a link for the maintenance loan please? I would like to apply ASAP to ensure I receive funds upon the start of my course, as my UCAS application has now been completed, and I have confirmation from UCAS to this affect.

Thanks in advance,

Paul
Original post by SFE Ashley
You're welcome Paul.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.
Hi Paul,

When you try to apply for the Maintenance Loan online, can you please tell us what happens? Is there some kind of error?

Warm regards, Graeme
I am having problems applying for a maintenance loan. I have already applied for a tuition fee loan but because I have already applied for this loan the website does not seem to allow me to apply for a maintenance loan.

Do you have a link for the maintenance loan please? I would like to apply ASAP to ensure I receive funds upon the start of my course, as my UCAS application has now been completed, and I have confirmation from UCAS to this affect.

Thanks in advance,

Paul
Hi Graeme

I am going to try to explain, step-by-step, what the issue is. I have attached a screenshot for the screen where the problem occurs.

1. I first click on "Reapply or start another application"
2. Then on the "Apply for student finance" screen I click on "Higher education" as I am applying for a teacher training course
3. On "Higher education" I click on "Undergraduate"
4. On "Undergraduate" I click on "Full Time" as the course is full time
5. On "Full Time" I want to click on "2019/20" as this is the year I want to apply for a maintenance loan, but, as you can see from the screen shot, I am unable to do this as it is greyed out and states "You already have a student finance application for 2019/20"

Currently I have an application in for a tuition fee loan, but as this stage, I now want to also apply for a maintenance loan.

Please could advise how I can apply for a maintenance loan as quickly as possible as I want to ensure I receive my maintenance loan payments in time for a September start.

I hope this all makes sense. If you need anything further then please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Paul

Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Paul,

When you try to apply for the Maintenance Loan online, can you please tell us what happens? Is there some kind of error?

Warm regards, Graeme
Hi

The problem arises when I click on "Reapply or start another application"

I eventually come to the screen for "Full time" and I want to be able to click on "2019/20" but I can't as the option is greyed out and states "You already have a student finance application for 2019/20"

This refers to my application for my Tuition fee loan but I want to be able to also apply for a Maintenance loan. How can I do this?

I have included a screen shot of the screen that is the problem.

Regards

Paul

Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Paul,

Warm regards, Graeme
Hi Graeme

I am going to try to explain, step-by-step, what the issue is. I have attached a screenshot for the screen where the problem occurs.

1. I first click on "Reapply or start another application"
2. Then on the "Apply for student finance" screen I click on "Higher education" as I am applying for a teacher training course
3. On "Higher education" I click on "Undergraduate"
4. On "Undergraduate" I click on "Full Time" as the course is full time
5. On "Full Time" I want to click on "2019/20" as this is the year I want to apply for a maintenance loan, but, as you can see from the screen shot, I am unable to do this as it is greyed out and states "You already have a student finance application for 2019/20"

Currently I have an application in for a tuition fee loan, but as this stage, I now want to also apply for a maintenance loan.

Please could advise how I can apply for a maintenance loan as quickly as possible as I want to ensure I receive my maintenance loan payments in time for a September start.

I hope this all makes sense. If you need anything further then please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

The best option for you would be to send us a Direct Message on Facebook or Twitter. Make sure this includes your customer reference number. We will then be able to take you through security and send you a Maintenance Loan Request Form to your online account which you'll need to print off, fill in and send into us in the post.

Thanks, Jen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending