The Student Room Group

I need an excuse asap

If its 20 minutes into a tuition lesson and i dont show up then my tuition centre calls home and im not sure whether I have a lesson today because on Sunday i wasn't told anything and i really cba to go so instead of calling them to check (i dont like making phone calls anyway it makes me uneasy) I have done nothing about it

anyway i need an excuse for not calling them back or showing up that sounds legitimate i dont want to apologize I am just lazy tbh so please give me any excuse i can use that sounds plausible
ill??
Reply 2
Tell them that you're lost in the woods.
Original post by PureHeroine
If its 20 minutes into a tuition lesson and i dont show up then my tuition centre calls home and im not sure whether I have a lesson today because on Sunday i wasn't told anything and i really cba to go so instead of calling them to check (i dont like making phone calls anyway it makes me uneasy) I have done nothing about it

anyway i need an excuse for not calling them back or showing up that sounds legitimate i dont want to apologize I am just lazy tbh so please give me any excuse i can use that sounds plausible
Original post by readingpotatonew
ill??

It doesn't sound believable they saw me yesterday and i seemed fine
Should i say hay fever? Food poisoning?

Original post by qb2507
Tell them that you're lost in the woods.

but they call through the landline phone
That your outside and your battery died so you couldn’t call
Orrrr that your phone dropped and it broke
food poisoning's always good and they cant make you come if you have that!
It doesn't sound believable they saw me yesterday and i seemed fine
Should i say hay fever? Food poisoning?

but they call through the landline phone
Original post by THE-BLACK-CAT
That your outside and your battery died so you couldn’t call
Orrrr that your phone dropped and it broke

thanks for the suggestion but they call through landline so i wouldn't be able to argue with that

Original post by readingpotatonew
food poisoning's always good and they cant make you come if you have that!

cheers mate :smile:
lol I couldn get a degree in this. Getting out of tuitions is a regular for me :h:

- fell sick (food poisoning, had to see dentist regarding wisdom tooth)
- relative fell sick (usually an old aunt)
- interviews (sudden call)
- dog/cat/pet had emergency. At the vet whole day
- had to travel outside of city for urgent personal business
- car had a minor accident/fake an injury
- false alarm (from parents/friends)
- friend sprained her foot ( so had to take her to the ER)
Use the food poisoning excuse

Grow a pair and own up. At the end of the day I am paying for you ( as a tax payer) and you are being a lazy good for nothing
Food poisoning's a good shout, as mentioned above
Family emergency or some other bs like friend emergency or something? :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest