The Student Room Group

A level OCR law grade boundary predictions?

Anyone have any clue at what the A level OCR law grade boundary predictions would be this year?
45% c, 55% b, 64% a
Reply 2
That seems quite high I hope they’re lower considering this is the first year they are linear, even in psychology AQA last year 49% was a B
Original post by Awaiskhan3
45% c, 55% b, 64% a
Original post by JA2711
That seems quite high I hope they’re lower considering this is the first year they are linear, even in psychology AQA last year 49% was a B

you're right, tbh I could see a C being around 43%
Reply 4

So that would be around 130 marks of 300 for a C I think which doesn’t seem too bad but I literally don’t know any of contract law or nature of law so just relying on my first two exams to bring my grade up
Reply 5
Original post by Logan747
During year 12 & 13 we were graded a C for 60%, B for 70% etc. I hope the boundaries are lower than this.

Yeah that’s what every school does for most grades as the standard ones are 90% A* 80% A 70% B.... they are way different for our actual grades like for psychology last year it was only 47% for a B
Reply 6
Original post by JA2711
Yeah that’s what every school does for most grades as the standard ones are 90% A* 80% A 70% B.... they are way different for our actual grades like for psychology last year it was only 47% for a B

I see, that makes sense. I really hope the boundaries are lowered because contract is difficult.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
haha you're literally in the same place as me - I know none of contract and nature of law - not even attempting nature of law just gunna try and get some marks from the two A01 A02 questions and hope I get over 30 marks as apparently last year it was 34 for a C and I feel like I've done well in the first two papers so I just hope they can boost my grade, how did you find the first two papers?
I see, that makes sense. I really hope the boundaries are lowered because I know nothing for contract, like at all.
Reply 8
Original post by JA2711
haha you're literally in the same place as me - I know none of contract and nature of law - not even attempting nature of law just gunna try and get some marks from the two A01 A02 questions and hope I get over 30 marks as apparently last year it was 34 for a C and I feel like I've done well in the first two papers so I just hope they can boost my grade, how did you find the first two papers?

I think both paper 1 & paper 2 were actually really good. I found paper 1 much better than I expected it to be. Somehow I ran out of time on tort, but overall I’d guess I’ve got a B and C. It’s just contract which I’m dreading.
Reply 9
I think both paper 1 & paper 2 were actually really good. I found paper 1 much better than I expected it to be. Somehow I ran out of time on tort, but overall I’d guess I’ve got a B and C. It’s just contract which I’m dreading.

Yeah literally they pretty much handed us paper one on a plate, paper two a lot of people found difficult due to Rylands and Fletcher with negligence, I think people chose that because they knew negligence and thought easy marks but didn’t know RvF, I mean I thought it was a blessing as not many people found it easy but it felt like a really good paper for me, just think contract may be my downfall 😂
No just type up 2018 grade boundaries for ocr and law comes up. You calculate the 3 exams you would’ve done out of the 6 in old spec. It was marked out of 360 and you needed 206-209 to get a C which was around 57-58% so I don’t know where you got 43-45% from. Those are more like Business studies grade boundaries which I do as well. No way it’s gonna be 45%. I can believe people even said below that 😂😂😂. This is coming from someone that’s probably gonna get a D btw. They may drop it to 50% but that’s if ALOT of people flop and special consideration due to new spec and we can never know that only examiner. It’s a big IF
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by jayedmiah78
No just type up 2018 grade boundaries for ocr and law comes up. You calculate the 3 exams you would’ve done out of the 6 in old spec. It was marked out of 360 and you needed 206-209 to get a C which was around 57-58% so I don’t know where you got 43-45% from. Those are more like Business studies grade boundaries which I do as well. No way it’s gonna be 45%. I can believe people even said below that 😂😂😂. This is coming from someone that’s probably gonna get a D btw. They may drop it to 50% but that’s if ALOT of people flop and special consideration due to new spec and we can never know that only examiner. It’s a big IF

I mean that’s true but that was the old spec and it was around 60% for an A last year as it’s been confirmed by many teachers etc.
No it was around mid to high 70s for an A on ice last year. How can 58% be a C and 60% an A on on old spec. All my teacher said it would be 73-75 for an A and 55-60 for an A as Law grade boundaries for A levels are always quite high
Reply 13
Original post by jayedmiah78
No it was around mid to high 70s for an A on ice last year. How can 58% be a C and 60% an A on on old spec. All my teacher said it would be 73-75 for an A and 55-60 for an A as Law grade boundaries for A levels are always quite high

Well nobody knows since there’s no grade boundaries released for the new linear law exams so it’s all speculation, nobody is right or wrong... however OCR biology last year was around 50% for an A and the same thing with Edexcel psychology which was just above the 60% area for an A

Quick Reply

Latest