The Student Room Group

Olympic Way, Unite Students, London

I've booked a room in the Olympic Way Halls in Wembley for September 2018, was just wondering if I could find anyone else that will be living here too!

I'm flat 1705 but it's still early days into applying to places so there's currently no one in my actual flat other than me....
Hey, I have recently booked a room at Olympic way too :smile: - i'm in flat 1301 though. What uni you planning to study at??
Hii!

I’m in room 1602
Reply 3
Hey, I am currently living at Olympic Way and will have a guest in the near future..do you guys know how strict they are about their guest policy? can my guest stay more than 2 nights or do they check it and will find out?
Reply 4
Are you pleased with olympic way?
No my room got robbed and everything got smashed I moved out :smile:. Really dodgy people live there. Everyone’s constantly on drugs. Someone got a knife pulled on them. Got no support from the young (not smartest) receptionist team. Don’t recommend
Is the last comment really objective? Can someone give a comment about that? I am moving there soon... wouldn't like to come to that kind of mess o.O :/
yeah that happened. there was also a fire and the sprinklers wouldnt turn off and lots of people lost a lot of stuff. i cant say unite are supportive. i would find a better company just saying. i dont know a unite building in london that doesnt have a huge array of issues
Doesn’t everyone get a key to their room? How can you lose stuff? I hope Ill get out of it alive 😆 Its already booked so I cant change it now
Read the comment dude. There was a fire and the sprinklers wouldn’t turn off. People lost all of the electronics such as laptops iPads etc. And ruined whatever else. As in the water ruined and broke their things. They didn’t just go walk about man
So, after more than a month in Unite Students Olympic Way Hall, I have to say that my experience is completely opposite of what I have read above and in some other reviews. The hall is very nice and modern, the same as in pictures, reception is open 24h and the receptionists are very kind (most of them). There is this guy who helped me throw out a disgusting huge bug from my room, while I though they will just send me to hell when I come with this crazy request. They are very helpful for other normal things too (except one girl who seems to be angry all the time). :smile:

Anyways, the rooms are nice and clean. The kitchen... well, it depends on your flatmates, do they clean after themselves or not... Mine was very dirty when I came in, but somehow people started taking more care. Common room on 1st floor is nice and spacious. Laundry room is OK, has enough machines, although it is bad that you have to pay 5 pounds to wash and dry. They should really include at least one washing per month in a rent. Area is also very nice, you have both Starbucks and CoOp right in front of the door, Sainsbury on the other side, BoxPark for food and fun... It gets crowded when it's game day at Wembley, but I like it... you get to feel the cheering spirit...

I definitely do not agree that dodgy people live there in general. I mean, this is a building of 18 floors, of course there are different people, you can have that even when you buy a new flat, you cannot choose your neighbours, but most of the people are nice and normal. However, it would feel better if there were cameras in all hallways, not only in lifts.

As for robberies, just keep your room locked, as simple as that... You can get robbed in a 5* hotel if you don't lock.
Thank you so much for this I'll be moving in, in September and these comments were worrying me! I was just wondering what is the policy for people sleeping over? I'm in a relationship and was thinking how much freedom you actually get with student accommodation..
Reply 12
No worries, everything is fine, keep the door locked just in case (you never know), but I felt very safe all the time :smile: I had a guest for 2 nights. They allow you to have a guest for 2 nights and if you want more than 2 nights, you have to write an email to building management (thats what I was told at the reception), but my guest eventually decided to stay only for 2 nights so she just showed her ID at the reception when she came and thats it. She never check out though so probably could have stayed longer without them noticing, but that would be risky
Thats it👍

Original post by Alensnl
No worries, everything is fine, keep the door locked just in case (you never know), but I felt very safe all the time :smile: I had a guest for 2 nights. They allow you to have a guest for 2 nights and if you want more than 2 nights, you have to write an email to building management (thats what I was told at the reception), but my guest eventually decided to stay only for 2 nights so she just showed her ID at the reception when she came and thats it. She never check out though so probably could have stayed longer without them noticing, but that would be risky
Since there are 18 floors, do the numbers at the start of your room represent the floor? I'm quite curious.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending