The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Master's Loan: Brexit and others

I have three questions about the Postgraduate Master's Loan:
If I don't arrive at the minimum income in more than 4 years, will I have to start repaying the Loan anyway?
How will the Brexit affect this Loan? If I apply for the Loan this year, will the UK government mantain ALL the conditions I applied for?
How can I know the minimum income, to start repaying the Loan, in other countries apart from UK?
Original post by maria.tortras
I have three questions about the Postgraduate Master's Loan:
If I don't arrive at the minimum income in more than 4 years, will I have to start repaying the Loan anyway?
How will the Brexit affect this Loan? If I apply for the Loan this year, will the UK government mantain ALL the conditions I applied for?
How can I know the minimum income, to start repaying the Loan, in other countries apart from UK?

Hi Maria,

You will only need to repay the Postgraduate Loan (PGL) when you earn over the repayment threshold. You can find out what the repayment threshold is for countries outside the UK here.

EU nationals and their families who start a course in England in the 2019/20 academic year or before will remain eligible for undergraduate, postgraduate and Advanced Learner Loan financial support from Student Finance England for the duration of their course, providing they meet the residency requirements.

Thanks, Ashley

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending