The Student Room Group

combined science,where can it take me

hi ,
i want to be a medical doctor when I grow up but i got combined science.Will i still be able to achieve my dream?will i get into a good university?i would appreciate it if you could answer it.
Original post by i'mconcuzled
hi ,
i want to be a medical doctor when I grow up but i got combined science.Will i still be able to achieve my dream?will i get into a good university?i would appreciate it if you could answer it.

you can be a medical doctor when you're older. however, t science is more helpful because you will find it easier at A level because t science covers more a level content. and don't worry about uni you can still get into a good one, like the Russel group ones

I'm choosing options tomorrow wish me luck
It depends, If you get a minimum grade of 6-6 or higher you can get into college, university depends on A-Level results which you would mostly need AAB OR AAA, It would be better to get a 7-7 in combined science, you would also to help get into university a GCSE grade 6 in English and Maths but some university's don't mind the grade 5
i don't think it is detrimental although you would need to take science a-levels so triple would cover more content and make it easier in the long run.
could you take triple or does your school not offer it?
I did combined science and got 8-7 and I'm currently doing biology A-Level. It's fine. It doesn't really matter.
Original post by mez_merising
i don't think it is detrimental although you would need to take science a-levels so triple would cover more content and make it easier in the long run.
could you take triple or does your school not offer it?

it does offer triple science but only to the top set (smartest peeps) i'm in the second set so i have to do combined higher
Reply 6
Original post by Glaz
I did combined science and got 8-7 and I'm currently doing biology A-Level. It's fine. It doesn't really matter.

Did you feel as if you're behind on content in contrast to your triple gcse peers for the A-Level?
Original post by sbms100
Did you feel as if you're behind on content in contrast to your triple gcse peers for the A-Level?

No not really.

Quick Reply

Latest