The Student Room Group

University of Surrey or University of Kent?

I've been offered a place in both universities, I applied for Developmental Psychology in research and practice in University of Surrey and in Developmental Psychology in University of Kent.
Anyone with tips on both universities?
I am completely divided with this two, could you please help me on this matter?

Thank you!
Original post by Mafalda duq
I've been offered a place in both universities, I applied for Developmental Psychology in research and practice in University of Surrey and in Developmental Psychology in University of Kent.

Thank you!

One sounds more research oriented than the other. Is that right? Is research something you are interested in?
Hi there!
I'm currently in my third year at Kent and I have absolutely loved my time here :smile: My advice would be to try and think about the aspects of university life that matter the most to you and consider these at each university. I'd also really recommend looking closely at the modules offered by each university's course and think about which ones appeal to you the most as this can largely shape your enjoyment of your course at university. If you'd like, you can talk to a current psychology student at Kent to find out first hand how they have found the modules, timetables, exams and coursework which could really help to give you a sense of what studying psychology at Kent is really like. Here is the link; https://www.kent.ac.uk/unibuddy/

In terms of life at Kent (outside of studying), there is such a great mix of things to do and places to relax with friends. There are loads of societies on campus and there is almost always something happening on campus during term time anything from a food festival, to animal visits and plant or poster sales. Also the university is set in acres of parkland so it has such a relaxing feel about it as well as some stunning views over Canterbury. The city centre is just a 20 minute walk from the uni and has loads of restaurants, cute cafes, bars, shops and things to do.

If you have any other questions about life at Kent at all then please feel free to ask! :smile: Also, the university has an open day coming up next Saturday which I'd really recommend going along to if you can, as then you can get a real sense of what life is like at Kent. Here is the link to online booking if you're interested;
https://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/visit/open-days/canterbury.html

I hope that this helps!
Original post by Mafalda duq

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending