The Student Room Group

My friend told me she cheated in her A-Levels. What should I do?

Title says it all. Should I report her or no? How would I even go about it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Let karma do its work g
No, it's her business, if she wants to cheat let her, one day she'll get caught and it won't be pretty, if you're a real friend you'll talk to her personally and advise her, if she doesn't feel remorse then I would advise you to cut out of the friendship.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
She said she did this on all of them and it doesn't seem like she was caught??
Original post by TheNamesBond.
No, it's her business, if she wants to cheat let her, one day she'll get caught and it won't be pretty.
Reply 4
Depends of the severity of how badly she cheated IMO. And depending on how good friends you are with her, chances are you won't ever see your friend again when you go Uni so might as well report her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But ultimately it's a very sticky situation and it's your choice.
You call her your friend but you want to report her. Sure she might be doing something wrong but talk to her yourself about it and that she shouldn’t do this. If you straight up report her sorry but you’re not her friend and straight up a *****
Original post by Anonymous
She said she did this on all of them and it doesn't seem like she was caught??

And you are telling me this because?
Problem is, do you have any proof of her cheating? Because she could dismiss it as a joke

Title says it all. Should I report her or no? How would I even go about it?
Reply 8
What's to say she'll never get caught?
Original post by TheNamesBond.
And you are telling me this because?
What will you gain from it lol? Mind your business
Reply 10
Problem is, do you have any proof of her cheating? Because she could dismiss it as a joke

They have CCTV camera's in the exam hall most likely.
Good God, I would never consider reporting someone who cheats, let alone a FREIND. It is not that I encourage this sort of deviancy but merely that one should mind one's own business.
It's a tough situation, personally I'd report her anonymously because its not fair for everyone else to work their buts off to get their grades whilst she cheats her way through. But at the end of the day I'm not in your position so it's all up to you
I'd report - it comes down to a case of what's fair, what exactly did she do? It isn't fair of her to put you in the position of knowing. If anything comes out otherwise and you knew and didnt report you can get in trouble too.
Also idk why people are telling you to mind your own business? She made it your business by telling you, she should've kept her ass quiet. If she faces repercussions that's herself to blame
So I shouldn't report? I didn't take any of her exams, but i've always been taught this was the moral thing to do.
It's a crazy whacked out idea I know, but have you considered simply making your displeasure known to your friend?

I'd stay out it officially anyway, it does sound like a snake thing to do.
She takes all essay-based subjects. She told me she kept her earbuds under her hijab so she could listen to pre-recorded essays.
I'd report - it comes down to a case of what's fair, what exactly did she do? It isn't fair of her to put you in the position of knowing. If anything comes out otherwise and you knew and didnt report you can get in trouble too.
Reply 18
Report it anonymously defo, if shes doing the same Alevels as you then she could be winning over you. I would tell her that its wrong tbh if it was me, but if you don't want to do that I would defo report her anonymously, maybe look online contact your college or exam board if you know what they are. if i knew my friend cheated I would 110% report it.
I did when she told me. She doesn't seem to think there's anything wrong about it.
Original post by StriderHort
It's a crazy whacked out idea I know, but have you considered simply making your displeasure known to your friend?

I'd stay out it officially anyway, it does sound like a snake thing to do.

Quick Reply

Latest