The Student Room Group

Your biggest heartbreak? 💔

What was your most heartbreaking experience in a relationship? When was it and how old were you?

Curious to read some different stories because I understand relationships can be extremely difficult even more so if you're younger.

Look forward to reading the responses :smile:
Reply 1
Ahh, the youth these days... :rolleyes:
19. We had to break up because I had to move. He was the sweetest boy I dated.

The painful one was this ******** who cheated on me. What a bloody ****.
I was 21, my ex cheated on me. Hurt a lot at the time but for the best in the long run, I have no hard feelings about it.
Id been in a relationship for around 5 years, so it was pretty serious. We both lived together and I'd loved the guy more than I'd loved anyone before. I made the decision to go to university since I was pretty sick of working the same retail jobs, we had to break up because neither of us were comfortable with the idea of having a LDR. Probably the one that hurt the most, although it was mutual.
I wish I had caught him. :rofl: He told me himself because apparently I was too busy to even notice. He didn't even sleep with the girl. He went on real dates :lol: Two-timing *******.

It's kkk. I am over it. He wasn't that great in bed anyway :dontknow:

Thank you though :hugs:

PS- I know I have said this already but your avatar is freaking adorbs and it puts a silly smile on my face every darn time :h:
(edited 4 years ago)
I cheated on myself once by getting into a relationship with a girl. Lowest moment of my life that was :frown:
This was around when I was 14 going on 15. I'm 16 now.

Never been in a relationship, but there was a guy I liked who ended up liking me too (I found out through many other people/close mutual friends). He must've heard about me knowing, because about 2 hours after that we had a lesson together and he completely real-life ghosted me from that moment onwards. For around 2 years, WITH CLASSES TOGETHER. Obviously that was awkward for the both of us, but I didn't push it because I felt like I made a mistake. Didn't talk to me, say anything and ended up talking **** about me behind my back to other people. I've not been in a relationship, but it honestly felt like it. I was actually happy and for the first time I felt like I could be myself in front of a guy. In all honesty, I wish I could go back in time and confront it there and then, or maybe not tell anyone I liked him at all. The whole mess could've been sorted.

Anyway, we talk a little but we're not as close as we were before. We've both just done out GCSEs and it's likely I won't see him again if he goes to another sixth form. :dontknow:

I feel a lot better now anyway. I've learned to be cautious and make sure I trust good people. :lol:
Got led on for 7 months. Her friends told me she wasn’t into me but she insisted she was interested in me and we kept going on dates. Found out yesterday. She sent me a load of rude messages yesterday and tried to blame me for trusting her. I thought she was genuine, I thought we maybe had something, but apparently it was all an act. I can’t believe how much of a *****y person she really is. I wasted 7 months of my life on that. I feel physically sick.
Mine was probably when I was like 10 years old. I couldn't stop crying after Ghost died in MW2, it devastated me for days.
Original post by Precious Illusions
I was 21, my ex cheated on me. Hurt a lot at the time but for the best in the long run, I have no hard feelings about it.

:moon:
Original post by darkred
:moon:

Omg. Actually biggest heartbreak was the shoutbox being taken down. :frown:

I still cry about it every night....

hello i cannot message u back in any way shape or form
this dude who i'd liked for a year asked me out when i was 15, pretty much as a rebound. he dumped not long after and it hurt so so so much. there was a lot of deeper stuff there too that made it hurt so much worse but i wont go into it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending