The Student Room Group

Do I literally just ask him out?

Hi,

I went on a week trip away with my club at uni and this guy that I haven't met before came along. He's a literal 10/10 to me and I feel like a 7/10 at most. Anyway I spoke to him a bit because he's friends with a friend of mine but he's quite quiet and it was more talking in a group rather than us two one on one.

There were a few times when I was in a bikini that I thought I saw him checking me out, but I could be completely wrong and reading into it.

He's a really nice guy so I don't want to ruin any potential friendship but I also really want to ask him to go for a drink with me. What do I do??

Scroll to see replies

Yeah go for it
Reply 2
msg him/talk to him a bit more first to get to know him?
Ask him out.

If you like him, it’s just going to be painful being friends.
I don't see why not.
Reply 5
Original post by yaire
msg him/talk to him a bit more first to get to know him?

Yeah, I'm trying to but I literally can't think of anything to say, it feels weird just asking "how are you" or something because we're not there in terms of friendship and it feels a bit forced. Feel like I need an excuse to actually talk to him but I genuinely can't think of anything
Reply 6
Original post by SlightlySummer
Yeah go for it

I've literally never done this before and I'm kinda scared of the rejection since he is incredibly attractive and I'm not so much 😂
Reply 7
do u have his insta or sc? u could maybe reply to his stories if he posts on them? or literally just say hey, i'm sure he wouldn't find it weird
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, I'm trying to but I literally can't think of anything to say, it feels weird just asking "how are you" or something because we're not there in terms of friendship and it feels a bit forced. Feel like I need an excuse to actually talk to him but I genuinely can't think of anything
Reply 8
Talk to him on social media first. You don’t need an excuse, just say hi. If he seems responsive, go for it.
Reply 9
Original post by yaire
do u have his insta or sc? u could maybe reply to his stories if he posts on them? or literally just say hey, i'm sure he wouldn't find it weird

Only have his insta and Facebook and he doesn't seem to post very much :/
Reply 10
ah. well in that case i'd just message him tbh
Only have his insta and Facebook and he doesn't seem to post very much :/
Original post by yaire
ah. well in that case i'd just message him tbh

Just message him asking him out?
Reply 12
no that's a little forward, just getting to know him and stuff and then ask him out
Just message him asking him out?
No, metaphorically do so.
Message him and see if he’s responsive. If he wants to hold the conversation he will and if he doesn’t you have your answer...
Go for it fam
Original post by yaire
no that's a little forward, just getting to know him and stuff and then ask him out

Even talking to him to get to know him seems forward to me, because I have no reason to message him about that either. I'm a bit awkward and lone wolfy so I generally don't message people like that, so I've had no practice doing it.
Reply 17
there's a first time for everything, and what's the worst that could happen?
Even talking to him to get to know him seems forward to me, because I have no reason to message him about that either. I'm a bit awkward and lone wolfy so I generally don't message people like that, so I've had no practice doing it.
Original post by yaire
there's a first time for everything, and what's the worst that could happen?

Probably that he rejects me and then it gets all awkward the next time I see him and I feel like I can't be friends with him because of it
Probably that he rejects me and then it gets all awkward the next time I see him and I feel like I can't be friends with him because of it

That’s why you should talk to him first. Any general chat willcstart the conversation and from there you can gauge his interest

Latest

Trending

Trending