The Student Room Group

Science gcse equivalency test????

Hi, I meet al entry requirements expect one (SCIENCE). I have been told that I will have to sit an equivalency test which will be discussed nearer to the time.

Has anybody else have to do this?
What is it like?

Please shed some light on this...

Many thanks in advance
I re-sat a GCSE instead of taking the equivalency test but others I know took the equivalency test. They tell me it wasn't too bad. They just looked at the BBC bitesize section. I know at my uni you get a couple of chances to pass.
Most university’s accept the Equivalency Test. I sat the Biology one recently. You can take just Biology or combined. I didn’t find it very difficult, studied using the CGP Edexdel book and used Bitesize a little too. Found it really helpful to answer the questions and check answers out from back of book. You receive results within a week (although this may vary).

Look it up online.
Hello,

I have my test in a few weeks,

how did you find it?

Have you got your results yet?

THank you xxx
Original post by rachelgw
Most university’s accept the Equivalency Test. I sat the Biology one recently. You can take just Biology or combined. I didn’t find it very difficult, studied using the CGP Edexdel book and used Bitesize a little too. Found it really helpful to answer the questions and check answers out from back of book. You receive results within a week (although this may vary).

Look it up online.
Reply 4
Original post by So980
Hi, I meet al entry requirements expect one (SCIENCE). I have been told that I will have to sit an equivalency test which will be discussed nearer to the time.

Has anybody else have to do this?
What is it like?

Please shed some light on this...

Many thanks in advance

For teacher training as Primary teacher it is a prerequisite you have a GCSE C/4 in English, Maths and Science but you can do an equivalency instead to save money and time -- I did one and it wasn't too painful :-)
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Dave1021
For teacher training as Primary teacher it is a prerequisite you have a GCSE C/4 in English, Maths and Science but you can do an equivalency instead to save money and time -- I did one and it wasn't too painful :-)

So did you do only one science subject ? For example, just biology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending