The Student Room Group

can you grow in height after age 15?

im literally 15 and quite a late bloomer starting my period age 12 so right now im 5'2. Is there a possiblity i could grow up to my ideal height of 5'5 by the time im 16 because my parents are quite aveage and im significantly shorter than most of my friends. Ive heard girls stop growing a lot age 15 and im quite small and fat to be honest so that could be a down factor?
You probably won't grow much now, I'm afraid. I stopped growing about a year after I started my periods.
Please don't worry about your height. I am just 5 feet tall and past age of growing any more- one parent over 6 feet and another just under 5 foot Stopped growing at 16. It hasn't stopped me doing anything and I have always had plenty of interest from the opposite sex. Being small has advantages too- you can hide in a crowd for a start! Just be happy as you are No matter what size you are its what's inside that counts.
I’m 20 and I’ve grown like an inch since I was 17, so there’s still hope for you lol. But honestly, try to accept your body as it is (I know it’s easier said than done).

P.S. 12 isn’t ‘late’ to start your period, it’s average 😅
You are not a late bloomer, I started my period at age 14.
Original post by Anonymous
im literally 15 and quite a late bloomer starting my period age 12 so right now im 5'2. Is there a possiblity i could grow up to my ideal height of 5'5 by the time im 16 because my parents are quite aveage and im significantly shorter than most of my friends. Ive heard girls stop growing a lot age 15 and im quite small and fat to be honest so that could be a down factor?
Reply 5
Much less common but happens, I doubt you will grow 3 inches but you may grow a few cm. I grew 1cm after 16.

Quick Reply

Latest